• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Couldn't pass up +700 odds on Brendon Todd to finish top 10. Straightest driver on tour and outstanding putter, though he's missed two shortish ones today. My bet on less than 2.5 players to finish the week under par is NOT looking good though.

In advanced metrics Zalatoris is a top 50 player in the world. He hadn’t missed a cut on a tournament he’d played on the KFT this year, with 11 straight top 20s and 9 top 10s in his last 13 events.

That said at the US open experience can be a big difference maker.

In advanced metrics Zalatoris is a top 50 player in the world. He hadn’t missed a cut on a tournament he’d played on the KFT this year, with 11 straight top 20s and 9 top 10s in his last 13 events.

That said at the US open experience can be a big difference maker.

Yeah no doubt. He's been killing it on the KF Tour. But to quote Cam Brady in the Campaign, "welcome to the fucking show."

Couldn't pass up +700 odds on Brendon Todd to finish top 10. Straightest driver on tour and outstanding putter, though he's missed two shortish ones today. My bet on less than 2.5 players to finish the week under par is NOT looking good though.

Not to go all guitardeac on you, but Todd is my friend and former neighbor.

A top ten would be awesome. He had a great showing in the US Open a few years ago before falling apart. He definitely has had problems down the stretch in bigger tourneys.

What's a decent strategy for betting golf? I was going to pick a handful to win. Risk so that even if my best odds wins, I still win money.

What's a decent strategy for betting golf? I was going to pick a handful to win. Risk so that even if my best odds wins, I still win money.

I like betting hot golfers for top 10s rather than to win it all. Wins are so hard to come by, especially in majors (duh).

I took Browns tonight -6. I know that's a terrible idea, and Thursday night games are a shit show, but betting is the only way I can possibly enjoy this game.

I took Browns tonight -6. I know that's a terrible idea, and Thursday night games are a shit show, but betting is the only way I can possibly enjoy this game.

Small play on the under 43. Think the Browns are going to run the ball all night as Mayfield is erratic, and the Browns, with Chubb and Hunt, actually ran the ball pretty well against the Ravens, but they just fell too far behind . FWIW, both teams have a several key injuries on the DL and OL. Bengals have 3 DTs out, including Geno Atkins.

Browns have to win. Would be really hard to dig out of an 0-2 hole with two in-division losses, including a home loss to the Bengals. Know it's sounds odd, but I'm excited about the matchup. Want to see Burrow. Jesse Bates plays a big role on the Bengals D, and we have two recent Heisman winners. Would much rather watch this game than another Giants game.

I, too, have been considering a wager on the game tonight... For no reason other than I'll be watching.

It is a somewhat intriguing matchup for all of the reasons that Pilchard listed above.

Seems like a "must win" for the Browns... Which is making me think about taking Cincy and the points. Maybe I'll just piggyback Pilchare on the under. I'll probably just do nothing.

I wish it would come down half a point, but I'm going with UCF -7.5 over Ga Tech. I'm not buying into Tech just because they beat FSU. I'd feel better about this though if it wasn't UCF's first game.

I wish it would come down half a point, but I'm going with UCF -7.5 over Ga Tech. I'm not buying into Tech just because they beat FSU. I'd feel better about this though if it wasn't UCF's first game.

Yeah, UCF had 10 players opt-out earlier this month. I can't take either side of this game. UCF took a bit of a step back last year, and they are another year removed from having Scott Frost as head coach. As you mention, it is also their first game. Don't have a good read on this one, but that seems like a lot of points.

I think App (-3.5 to -5 depending on site) really puts it on Marshall this weekend after a pretty meh performance vs. Charlotte

App fumbled on the 1, gave up a KO for TD, had a FG blocked, committed two penalties on 4th down for free first downs, and turned it over twice more...and still beat Charlotte by 15. Should have been a 28-35 point blowout. Marshall blew out EKU week 1 but they are god awful, take nothing from that game.

Can't really figure out why, but I am on Duke/BC over 51 and Duke over TT 28.5 - just seems like a Duke blow-up game

BC+, Pitt, App St, Wake+, Irish, OK St & Houston +

NE +, Ravens & KC

Houston v. Baylor and GA Southern at FAU cancelled due to COVID.

Last edited:
Wasn’t the issue that due to contact tracing Baylor didn’t have enough players? How is that not about Covid and how is that dumb? If someone pops up positive after playing both teams have been exposed to it. Seems pretty reasonable.

Started 3-3 last week on college football but ended up with a winning week by doubling down on Wake when the line hit +36 right before kickoff.

Have four picks so far this week:

Navy (+7.5) @ Tulane
Troy (-3) @ MTSU
Houston @ Baylor (-4.5)
BC @ Duke (-6)

I think the Duke line should be double digits with BC's unknowns at QB and new staff but hey maybe that's why it's single digits (due to the unknowns).

Obviously Baylor game is scratched now. I've added App State-Marshall over 59 and Pitt -21

Back