• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Like every team, if you bet on WF every game, there will be lots of losers. That’s on the bettor; not the team.

The line of the week is on the W. Michigan at Iowa game.

Iowa is favored by 28, and the total is 43. Let that sink in. Keep in mind that Hawkeyes are a 28 point fave even though Iowa has scored more than 28 in a game once since November 2021 - a span of 18 games. This year, Iowa scored 24 against Utah State (a bad team) and 20 (with a defensive score) against Iowa State. So, for Iowa to be favored by 28, when they have scored 28 once in forever is quite a thing. For a team to be favored by 28 and have a total at 43 is next to impossible. Hasn't happened in 15 years.

This line puts the W. Michigan team total at 7.5. FWIW, W. Michigan played Cuse last week, and scored in the first minute of the game to go up 7-0. The Broncos then lost 45-7. Shutout for the final 59 minutes -- against Syracuse. Iowa plays at Penn State next week; so, this is a look ahead spot, but W. Michigan's offense is so dreadful, and Iowa's defense is really good. So, pretty good chance that W Michigan doesn't score. The question is whether can Iowa get over 28...
Iowa with 31 points in the last 2 quarters ftl.

Iowa just went for it on 4th down and didn't get it from WMU's 8! A FG would have hit the over. We're still alive baby!

ETA: Or gamecast just completely trolled me and they kicked the FG. WTF. According to Gamecast, Iowa turned it over on downs, had a penalty that WMU accepted and then they kicked a FG...

Last edited:
And now WMU didn't even cover while Iowa scores 41. Cade McNamera will never stop trolling me.

I figured UF would come out hot but I also figured Tennessee wouldn't just entirely do nothing. Vandy gonna need to get something moving here. And they do get it to start the second half but Florida seems sharp

Tennessee is making an absolutely garbage Graham Mertz look like Mahomes. Etienne having a nice game helps.

Added the Florida under 26.5 total points.

Bringing this back up so I can find it later.
Northern Illinois scored a TD with 4 seconds left and for some reason went for two. Got the conversion and the game ends 35-11. A half point over.

22 4th quarter points and the O/U was 45.5.

Brutal.

Minnesota +7
App State -7.5
App State -9.5

KState -3.5
South Alabama ML
WMU +28.5
Wake -10.5 1st Half
Wyoming ML
Liberty -3

Tough weekend.

Deacs opened in the -7.5 to -8 range and already got bet down to -5.5. Interesting start.

Down to -3.5 on Fanduel. Wake is a touchdown+ favorite in every major power rating out there. Still some preseason anchoring there in most models (which is largely predictive)

I don’t understand this Colorado line. How often is a ranked team 20+ underdogs?

I don’t understand this Colorado line. How often is a ranked team 20+ underdogs?
One that probably shouldn't be ranked.

Vegas doesn't care about polls (to state the obvious), they just care about their rating system, and Oregon is much better than Colorado, especially without Hunter.

Down to -3.5 on Fanduel. Wake is a touchdown+ favorite in every major power rating out there. Still some preseason anchoring there in most models (which is largely predictive)
Maybe there's some injury news that we don't know about. A big drop like this usually indicates a QB issue.

Back