• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Office Chairs

WindyCityDeac

Reaction score
Looking to get a new desk chair for the home office. I am at the desk 8+hrs a day.
Anyone have some recommendations?

I have (and love) the Herman Miller Mid Back Cosm

Will your company pay for it or would it be out of your own pocket? I’m not sure I would drop the coin on a Herman Miller if paying for it myself.

I have (and love) the Herman Miller Mid Back Cosm

Will your company pay for it or would it be out of your own pocket? I’m not sure I would drop the coin on a Herman Miller if paying for it myself.

I bought the Aeron chair out of pocket because on an average day I spend more time in that than I do on my mattress.

I also have some back issues so it makes it well worthwhile.

You can buy them used tons of places for a fraction of the cost of a new one

Likewise, they're easy to sell if for some reason it doesn't do it for you

I use a steelcase gesture that's pretty nice (I loooove the arm adjustability).. though I'm starting to think about picking up an aeron or embody in the next year..

In truth I have 2 Aeron chairs. I bought one for my office years ago and during Covid brought it home. When we started going back to the office I was the Star Wars meme.

Me: I’m going to start going to the office again.

My wife: So you’re going to take back your chair to the office.

Me: …

My wife: You’re taking your chair back to the office, right?

Does the B vs C matter on the Aeron? This thread got me looking at the Craigslist market

Does the B vs C matter on the Aeron? This thread got me looking at the Craigslist market

It is sizing. C is bigger than B - wider and taller. You can feel dots (braille) under the back crossbar which indicate the letter/size. Three dots is C. I have an Aeron C and recommend it.

Back