• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

A list isn't even necessary. Just know more teams will be in the market for a SG or SF or PF than simply a PG.

He's not a ball dominant PG, they basically have him playing the same role LeBron has played his entire career.... initiating the offense/bringing the ball up the court. No teams were like "we can't go after LeBron because we have a PG." Lots of max forwards could do what Giannis is doing now if the team needed it... KD, Blake, Kawhi, Draymond, etc. All these articles about PG Giannis are just because that's a better headline than Point Forward Giannis.

Also, you can't play two traditional PGs together mostly because it would be a huge defensive liability. Giannis can guard multiple positions, pairing him with a traditional PG is fine.

feel free. nice not so subtle misogyny and racist fake quotes by the way.

the story is his teammates don't trust him. parker banged a teammate's wife. no matter how big the balls that takes (and effort - atta boy you banged his wife when he was not looking! F him.) it's shocking more was not made of it.

but maybe you are right. maybe being a snitch ("snitches get stitches" - Carmelo Anthony) is worse than banging a teammate's wife. both are undeniably sh!tty.

Jesus Christ you are such a squirrel. You and the rest of the TeamB can back D'Angelo.

Last edited:
He's not a ball dominant PG, they basically have him playing the same role LeBron has played his entire career.... initiating the offense/bringing the ball up the court. No teams were like "we can't go after LeBron because we have a PG." Lots of max forwards could do what Giannis is doing now if the team needed it... KD, Blake, Kawhi, Draymond, etc. All these articles about PG Giannis are just because that's a better headline than Point Forward Giannis.

Also, you can't play two traditional PGs together mostly because it would be a huge defensive liability. Giannis can guard multiple positions, pairing him with a traditional PG is fine.

But what if they already had a max PG?

So much density. Why would PG Giannis be interested in playing off the ball at all?

So you think Kidd putting him there is going to Jedi mind trick Giannis into only wanting to play on teams with no PG even though there isn't a big difference between being a high usage SF and a offense initiating point forward?

So you think Kidd putting him there is going to Jedi mind trick Giannis into only wanting to play on teams with no PG even though there isn't a big difference between being a high usage SF and a offense initiating point forward?

Yes. How many free agent PGs leave their teams to not play PG?

He's not a PG. He's not a guard. Jerryd Bayless and Khris Middleton start in the backcourt. He's a point forward that can play with any PG in the NBA.

I feel like people are forgetting that once you play Point Guard in the NBA you can't ever play any other position ever. C'mon people.

Anybody read the Bill Walton piece in the NY Times magazine last Sunday? It is pretty great and not that long:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/27/magazine/bill-waltons-long-strange-tale-of-nba-survival.html

What was even cooler was the link embedded in the article to the Finals Walton played in for Portland when he was 24 against the 76ers. One, his game is amazing. I forgot how good he was. Second, his game is freakin' earily like Tim Duncan's. It is like he is Tim Duncan but with shitty feet, knees, and back. Third, he look 35 at 24:

A list isn't even necessary. Just know more teams will be in the market for a SG or SF or PF than simply a PG.

Since switching to PG Giannis is averaging 18, 8, 7 along with 1.9 blocks and 1.5 steals. He's 6-11 and 21 years old. Here is the list of players over 6'8 that reached those numbers for an entire season (blocks and steals excluded):

Lebron, Bird, Magic, Wilt, and Grant Hill.

So the real question isn't "list all the max PG's in the league when Giannis becomes a free agent." It's "list all the max PGs who wouldn't lose their PG spot if Giannis wanted it."

If Giannis can sustain or improve on his play as a PG since the all-star break I think that list is:

Steph
Bestbrook
CP3

and maybe

Lowry
Dame Lillard

That's it

Since switching to PG Giannis is averaging 18, 8, 7 along with 1.9 blocks and 1.5 steals. He's 6-11 and 21 years old. Here is the list of players over 6'8 that reached those numbers for an entire season (blocks and steals excluded):

Lebron, Bird, Magic, Wilt, and Grant Hill.

So the real question isn't "list all the max PG's in the league when Giannis becomes a free agent." It's "list all the max PGs who wouldn't lose their PG spot if Giannis wanted it."

If Giannis can sustain or improve on his play as a PG since the all-star break I think that list is:

Steph
Bestbrook
CP3

and maybe

Lowry
Dame Lillard

That's it
Any of those teams would also gladly take on giannis

I'm still not sure why ph is arguing

I'm done. Seems like common sense to me. We'll revisit it when he's a free agent.

Anyway, that's going to be a good while. Ostensibly after 16-17 he is going to be a FA, but he'll be restricted and as 99% of good RFAs do he'll go out and get a 4 year max from some other team and the Bucks will match and he won't be a real FA until the summer of 2020 assuming he asks for a player option in his final year.

Yeah. I assume the search function will still work.

26 year old free agent full-time PG Giannis. Wow.

Back