• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

nope. said before there will be a lot of growing pains for the spurs. they've now been in two games at the end and given them away with poor execution. they are not much more than a play off team yet. still pretty good but not playing like a contender.

This. Losing all that quality experienced depth hurt. LMA and West have to learn the "Spurs way" and Kyle Anderson needs to earn the next contract.

Pretty sure that was Danny Green getting stuck on the wrong guy forcing LMA to jump out on Beal. Green has been a putz so far this year.

It was Kawhi, not DG. Spurs switched the Gortat screen, as Wiz expected. Didn't really need to. Green got a bump on Beal as he came across, but his man was Wall.

Kawhi and LMA talked about it at some length on the walk to the locker room.

(Also, Green finally hit a few 3s last night, but he remains much closer to icy than hot.)

basketball twitter obliterated the coaching skills of billy d. and hoiberg tonight... mostly billy d tho

btw so far this year wiggins has looked like a poor man's demar derozan

basketball twitter obliterated the coaching skills of billy d. and hoiberg tonight... mostly billy d tho

At least those guys don't play their own son in the clutch of a big game with four better options on the bench

How has OKC looked on offense so far? His Florida teams' Os were always tough to watch.

How has OKC looked on offense so far? His Florida teams' Os were always tough to watch.

i didn't even watch that game, but apparently billy d did some massive end game fuck ups tonight... like not fouling in obvious fouling situation

but what im reading is that billy d's shit is overly bland and hoiberg's shit is overly complicated and does not work

I got called drunk and accused of hot takes on this board for saying I hated the Billy Donovan hire over the summer. He won't be good and he will get exposed tactically in the playoffs.

I got called drunk and accused of hot takes on this board for saying I hated the Billy Donovan hire over the summer. He won't be good and he will get exposed tactically in the playoffs.

really? i didn't think it was a popular hire

But I also liked Hoiberg a lot. And he seems pretty bad too. Oh well no one is perfect!!

hoiberg was definitely a popular hire because he ran pro stuff at ISU. his lineups have been disastrous tho, the defense has fallen off a cliff, and his supposed strength was the offense and it's not been great bob

Yeah, man. People here thought Billy D was a huge upgrade over Scotty that thought he would be good.

Billy Donovan and Fred Hoiberg adding a couple of solid data points to my actual hot take though: Coaches that never played in the NBA are way sharper than the coaches that played in the league.

It's like five games into the season. Maybe they're not great NBA coaches, but you can't say that right now.

well i didn't think billy d was a home run but i too thought he would be an upgrade over scotty, which was a low bar.

i think another hot take could be that coaching in the nba is way harder and more tactically dependent than ncaa, brad stevens notwithstanding

well i didn't think billy d was a home run but i too thought he would be an upgrade over scotty, which was a low bar.

i think another hot take could be that coaching in the nba is way harder and more tactically dependent than ncaa, brad stevens notwithstanding

That is less of a hot take and more of a proven fact.

Sixers fans getting a bit antsy for wins. Big question in Phily is do they get win #1 before Dec 1? I've heard more than a few "nope" comments. Saturday vs Orlando is best choice for a win before the Dec 1 game hosting Lakers.

Back