• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Dear NBA,

Please make at least one of these conference championship games worth watching.

Signed,
The 95% of America that is trying to care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said Porzingis will be, he was supposed to be super raw this year and with shit coaching on a bad team way exceeded every expectation. I'm a huge fan of that guy, he is going to be so freaking good.

This draft is not good. Other than the Top 2, none would be as good as Okafor. He's superior offensively to any big in the draft.

Dragan Bender as a prospect is more well thought of than Kristaps Porzingis as a prospect. Boston is better served rolling the dice.

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: Balls don't lie

Wait did they just do an end of game handshake line with two and half minutes left?

I might have to switch allegiances to the all these players are millennial pussies team.

Jesus Christ. Way to be a loser.

Bron-Bron is now one step away from winning one for the 'land, which is really what this season has always been about.

You're gonna say you'd rather have a championship. Sure. But no one cares about best regular season in basketball.

In the NBA, doing something better than Jordan will always be a big deal. That's the difference.

Except he didn't do it better than Jordan. If we are now going to turn regular season wins into the end all be all of individual metrics then at least measure it right. Steph won 71 games this year. Jordan won 72 in 1996.

I wasn't trying to get in a Steph/Jordan debate, although I guess given your hours of research you thought differently. But even enough of your metrics indicate its not terribly off as a statement either. He was #1 in PER of all time with a few games left in the regular season, and dropped a bit when the games didn't count, tied for #1 in WS/48 w/ Jordan and was #1 in the offensive plus minus. There were a few other less relevant stats, one that had reggie miller as the best season ever, for example and another with Chauncey Billups as a top 10 all time season you threw out there.

Your response to my ten minutes of cursory research and general knowledge of basketball history suggested otherwise. And it's not even a Steph/Jordan debate. I'm not ready to put Steph at a distant 2 based on one season.

Also are you really going with the he was #1 in PER all time until he wasn't argument? The point stands that offensively Jordan sustained a level of play for at least 4 years that Curry has reached once. And Jordan's the only guard to record a PER > 28 past the age of 28 so there's a decent chance Curry has peaked.

either you or palma made this thread insufferable. still deciding who is to blame.

Wait did they just do an end of game handshake line with two and half minutes left?

I might have to switch allegiances to the all these players are millennial pussies team.

Jesus Christ. Way to be a loser.

What basketball really needs is more men taking their shirts off, amirite?

I think the championships matter more to the players and fans of the team, whereas the records are more memorable to fans of the sport.

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: Balls don't lie

A regular season record is lore memorable to fans of the team. Champions matter more to fans of the sport than regular season team records.

coach of the "year" has mo buckets out there getting clowned on D.

Back