• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

It's no secret Doc hasn't given Lance much playing time. Got 24 mins - a 2016 high for him, last Wednesday. Poor guy.

The Clippers are really good at trading their first round picks. Outside of Griffin, I can't remember the last first round pick they didn't trade before they could even really evaluate the player in the NBA. To me, it shows not only an urgency to be in win-now mode all the time, but it also shows pretty awful scouting on the part of their draft scouts

Y'all ready for company decals on team uniforms? Rumor is the KIA logo on this year's All Star jerseys was a trial run for upcoming uniform changes.

The Clippers are really good at trading their first round picks. Outside of Griffin, I can't remember the last first round pick they didn't trade before they could even really evaluate the player in the NBA. To me, it shows not only an urgency to be in win-now mode all the time, but it also shows pretty awful scouting on the part of their draft scouts

You're forgetting a certain hall of famer

lol teams won't give up a 1st for Dawight and Houston just got a 1st for Donuts.

It really is boban's world. I give you boban: pitchman

https://youtu.be/NpBCUMAovVI

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016...ic-advanced-stats-nba-elite-san-antonio-spurs

boban_stats.0.PNG

Kawhi's game winner vs. the Magic seems like ages ago.

Last edited:
You can get two years of Donuts on a rookie contract (including the RFA year) v. 3 months of Howard.

While it is much better that Donuts is a RFA, they don't have 2 years guaranteed. He's not going to take his small qualifying offer and be able to sign offers from other teams this summer, but Pistons can match anything.

I was more surprised that the Pistons gave up their 1st for this year for a guy that hasn't played with a bad back.

While it is much better that Donuts is a RFA, they don't have 2 years guaranteed. He's not going to take his small qualifying offer and be able to sign offers from other teams this summer, but Pistons can match anything.

I was more surprised that the Pistons gave up their 1st for this year for a guy that hasn't played with a bad back.

They're a half game from fucking up and making the playoffs which would knock them out of the lottery and they'll wind up picking in the back half of a weak NBA draft class anyway. I think they think they're better off with Donuts on the roster and having the opportunity to sign him on an RFA contract after next year than they are with some middling first round prospect. The Rockets obviously feel differently, but probably see some value in stockpiling picks.

Middling first round picks could have picked about half the guys in the top 15 in win shares this year:

Player - Win Shares - Pick
Stephen Curry ▪ GSW - 11.9 - 7
Russell Westbrook ▪ OKC - 10 - 4
Kevin Durant ▪ OKC - 9.9 - 2
Kawhi Leonard ▪ SAS - 9.8 - 15
LeBron James ▪ CLE - 8.9 - 1
James Harden ▪ HOU - 8.3 - 3
Kyle Lowry ▪ TOR - 8.2 - 24
DeAndre Jordan ▪ LAC - 7.6 - 35
Draymond Green ▪ GSW - 7.5 - 35

Jimmy Butler ▪ CHI - 7.4 - 30
Chris Paul ▪ LAC - 7.4 - 4
Paul Millsap ▪ ATL - 7.2 - 47
Isaiah Thomas ▪ BOS - 6.9 - 60
DeMar DeRozan ▪ TOR - 6.7 - 9
Chris Bosh ▪ MIA - 6.5 - 4

Sure, but the likelihood of a sure thing goes down as you pick lower in the first round. Lots of times you're picking someone who won't be in the league in three years.

Back