• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

The next guy Lebron will pass on the all-time scoring list is Elvin Hayes. The Big E has often been forgotten lately. He was virtually unstoppable on the block and had a nice 15-18". He was a great defender and shot blocker (he would have Top 10 in blocks if they were counted during his first five years).

I think a great case could be made for him being the #3 or #4 best PF of all time behind Tim McHale and along with Garnett.

Rj, how would elvin do in today's league? Just anecdotally, seems like he'd be the perfect small ball center

He'd be unstoppable. He was a very,very long 6'9-10. His game would work today. He could handle, run, jump and shoot. He had a great turnaround jumper and a good FT area J. He never shot 3 point length shots. He didn't need to.

Crowder and Horford are out, but Celtics aren't the 2nd best team in the East.

Crowder and Horford are out, but Celtics aren't the 2nd best team in the East.

eh. they're two of the three best players on this team. Brown was awful last night, and we had to rely more on Thomas than I think we'd like to given his limitations defensively. Two of the three losses have also come on the road in 2nd half of back-to-backs.

I'm not panicking yet.

That game was weird. I turned it on and the Spurs were up 8-2. A few minutes later the Clips were up 15 and the game was basically over.

Just saw you know who on the Houston bench--they are playing the Zards. Still hard to resist spewing obscenities at that clueless face.

John Wall is about to overtake Wes Unseld as the all time assist leader for the franchise. I wonder how many teams had a center lead in assists for over 20 years.

I'll admit that I didn't buy the Embiid hype before, but watching him play for just a few minutes is convincing. He's damn good, very athletic and coordinated for a 7 footer. I don't think he has Anthony Davis upside, but I can't think of a closer comparison.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Just saw you know who on the Houston bench--they are playing the Zards. Still hard to resist spewing obscenities at that clueless face.

John Wall is about to overtake Wes Unseld as the all time assist leader for the franchise. I wonder how many teams had a center lead in assists for over 20 years.

Did't Unseld retire about 35 or more years ago? He got a lot of his assists on fullcourt outlet passes. Without question the greatest outlet passer who ever lived. Most say there isn't even a close second.

I'll admit that I didn't buy the Embiid hype before, but watching him play for just a few minutes is convincing. He's damn good, very athletic and coordinated for a 7 footer. I don't think he has Anthony Davis upside, but I can't think of a closer comparison.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Greg Oden? Brien Taylor? Len Bias?

Did't Unseld retire about 35 or more years ago? He got a lot of his assists on fullcourt outlet passes. Without question the greatest outlet passer who ever lived. Most say there isn't even a close second.

"most" who? geriatric nba fans?

Man the Clippers might have a shot in the west this year if they stay healthy, they look awesome

How good can MY HORNETS be in this Eastern Conference? Are the PTORS really even a tier ahead?

Ugh had to turn down floor seats tonight...

Back