• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Whether or not Monroe fits into Kidd's roster, the Bucks have surely fucked up by torpedo'ing his trade value. He's healthy, in his prime, one of the best passing centers in the league, and he averaged 15 & 10 for like 6 straight seasons. He would be starting for a dozen other teams.
His assist percentages are way up this year, and his rebound percentages have held steady, though. I feel like the Bucks currently have him in a role where he's providing the most value for them, even if he's not putting up individual numbers. Teams scouting him for trade have to see that, and probably won't be discounting him because his raw pt or reb numbers are down.

The solution is to give them practice off but not the games if they aren't hurt. Then if any player under a max contract is not legitimately hurt but doesn't play at least half the game in a road city, then the fans get a percentage of their ticket money back, which refund amount comes out of that player's max contract.

this is a fucking terrible post. Especially coming from you.

The solution is to give them practice off but not the games if they aren't hurt. Then if any player under a max contract is not legitimately hurt but doesn't play at least half the game in a road city, then the fans get a percentage of their ticket money back, which refund amount comes out of that player's max contract.

Then, rather than being honest, there will be a spate of "soft tissue injuries" and other unprovable "injuries"

The first salvo in Philly was shot last night by Nerlens Noel saying, "I'm too good to play only 8 minutes."

The question becomes can the Sixers keep it under wraps until they can make a blockbuster deal or will it blow up and they not get close to value for Noel, Okafor and others.

Whether or not Monroe fits into Kidd's roster, the Bucks have surely fucked up by torpedo'ing his trade value. He's healthy, in his prime, one of the best passing centers in the league, and he averaged 15 & 10 for like 6 straight seasons. He would be starting for a dozen other teams.

Serious question: have you watched a Bucks game with Monroe starting/logging 20+ minutes?

Hey, my Rockets are on fire!

Is there any chance they can get past San Antonio & Golden State in the playoffs?

Henson is a terrible player. People who think he can play D are are why bad teams stay bad. Henson can be pushed out of the way by any NBA starting center and is a total liability on offense. At least Monroe is a big positive on offense and a decent defensive rebounder.

The Lakers go to Philly this weekend. The Sixers should start Townie in the game. The Lakers are falling like a rock and could get back into the race to the bottom. The Sixers should prop them up to get their draft pick.

Henson is an elite defender. I have literally no idea what you are talking about. He was 3rd in the league last year in terms of defensive FG% at the rim behind only Rudy Gobert and Kevin Seraphin. He blocked 4.1 shots per 36 minutes, behind only Hassan Whiteside. He's skinny, but he uses his length extraordinarily well and he's super quick - he rarely allows himself to be trapped too deep or allow opposing post players into his body.

Henson is a poor to very poor offensive player. He's a terrific defensive player though, and the Bucks have to choose between playing the terrific defender with poor offense or the slightly above average offensive player who is a horrific defender (Monroe, who is a one man sieve in the painted area). I'm sure they'd love it if Henson was a better offensive player - just being "not terrible" would be a boost for them - but you simply cannot play Greg Monroe big minutes in the space and pace era. He's an absolute bloodbath on the defensive end to the point he's basically becoming unplayable.

Maybe I'm seeing the games when he's pushed around like a rag doll. I have yet to see him play good D, but I've only seen him on NBA TV about half a dozen times over the past year.

Noel still fighting with the Sixers brass

This won't end well for either party

Nope, unless they keep him and package him to get something, he won't bring any value at this point.

Noel hasn't played at all today.

Embiid has 28/8/1 2 steals/3 blocks in 23 mintes

Embiid finished with 33/10/3 blocks in 27 minutes lols

Most points for a Sixers rookie since Iverson

Last edited:
Spurs getting ready for the jersey retirement ceremony, and they are currently up...21. #FEELINGS

TD retirement ceremony on nba tv live. Is his gf pregnant?

That was perfectly Tim Duncan. Thanks for the memories TD.

Back