• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2011 Wake Forest Baseball Thread

11-5 final, good guys win. Nice start to the weekend. Hopefully they can keep the momentum going

Great win last night. A win today would be huge in helping our ACC Tournament chances.

Kind of random, but I was listen to DC sports talk radio this morning and they had Cal Ripken on the show. They asked about his son, a HS 1B, and he said he was pretty much set to come to Wake before a last minute change to South Carolina. I'm not sure if they offered late or he just decided to visit late, but it would have been cool to have Cal at our games. He was very complimentary of Wake, calling it a great academic school with a protective environment that any parent would love, but South Carolina had just won the NCAA Championship and they had a great program.

Kind of random, but I was listen to DC sports talk radio this morning and they had Cal Ripken on the show. They asked about his son, a HS 1B, and he said he was pretty much set to come to Wake before a last minute change to South Carolina. I'm not sure if they offered late or he just decided to visit late, but it would have been cool to have Cal at our games. He was very complimentary of Wake, calling it a great academic school with a protective environment that any parent would love, but South Carolina had just won the NCAA Championship and they had a great program.

He'll never play there, and wouldn't have played here. Name is doing a lot for him.

I might be showing my ignorance here but 26th is pretty good isn't it? Isn't it likely that any studs we signed we would have to worry about the MLB draft?

I might be showing my ignorance here but 26th is pretty good isn't it? Isn't it likely that any studs we signed we would have to worry about the MLB draft?
That was its highest ranking. It doesn't look like any of the guys we signed are high on draft radars right now. Granted, they still have senior seasons to play.

It should be noted that only one of our 2011 recruits was drafted (by the Red Sox as a 44th rounder; he didn't sign, and is coming to Wake).
http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/081611aaa.html

He'll never play there, and wouldn't have played here. Name is doing a lot for him.

Interesting. I heard the same interview this morning, and Cal made it sound like his son got overlooked in recruiting because he had mono. Who knows, and not that important other than I was thinking it would have been nice to have a high roller around the program a la John Grisham's kid at UVA a few years ago.

Interesting. I heard the same interview this morning, and Cal made it sound like his son got overlooked in recruiting because he had mono. Who knows, and not that important other than I was thinking it would have been nice to have a high roller around the program a la John Grisham's kid at UVA a few years ago.

Everyone I've talked to says he's not good, and I've seen him and agree. South Carolina probably just took him to get some money from Cal.

Grisham built a field at his high school that is amazing. He even has these shade things that swing around to block out the sun. Howie Long's kid went there too. They were pretty good.

Everyone I've talked to says he's not good, and I've seen him and agree. South Carolina probably just took him to get some money from Cal.

Grisham built a field at his high school that is amazing. He even has these shade things that swing around to block out the sun. Howie Long's kid went there too. They were pretty good.

St Anne's Belfield.

All of Howies kids went there. One went to play baseball at FSU but was kicked off the team. Got popped for a DUI after driving the wrong way down a one way street.

He is now considering going back to FSU. I'm not sure he's even playing baseball anymore though.

Back