• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

i cant believe how bad we've looked the last 2 nights. rough week for us so far here in the bay area.

haha you adopted the warriors REAL quick. and they don't even play in SF yet!

Calling the Warriors "we" actually makes him sound less like he's from SF.

Did Harden really put up 36 points on 16 shots with 12 rebounds 7 assists and 3 steals??

Yeah, the dude I'm up against in fantasy this week has Harden. I'm pretty much toast already, and it's only Wednesday.

Ugggg if we're the 3 seed and have to go through GS in the first round and SA in the second round I'm going to be royally pissed off. I'd rather be the 4 seed and play DEN/MEM in the first and OKC in the 2nd round.

Did Harden really put up 36 points on 16 shots with 12 rebounds 7 assists and 3 steals??

Dude was ballin tonight. He's actually been in a huge shooting slump from deep all year, by his standards. I tried looking at some shot charts to see if this was because he shot a bunch of corner threes while at OKC, but now gets most of his looks around the top of the arc as the primary ball handler. As far as I can tell though, he's getting the same looks this year as he was last year. Only real explanation that I can think of is he just sees more double teams and forces more shots now than he used to.

Well I imagine his shots were alot more open playing with KD and Westbrook than when he's the #1 option

He's in a slump compared to his Golden Boy role in OKC. Different paradigm now.

Yea, when I checked Hardens numbers a couple weeks ago, his numbers from deep were down about 6% from his career numbers at OKC. He may still regress back to a mean of 35 or so this season. He's definitely heated up in February.

Toronto is slowly developing a nice core. Let's see if Gay and DeRozan can play together, but there's some nice talent on that team It's the most in quite some time, IMO.

Toronto is slowly developing a nice core. Let's see if Gay and DeRozan can play together, but there's some nice talent on that team It's the most in quite some time, IMO.

eh, they got 4 grossly overpaid people in DeRozan, Landry, Bargs and Kleiza. Thats not even counting Gay. Their ceiling is the most expensive 6 seed the world has ever known. They're currently the anti-advanced stats team. Derozan getting 9.5 mil for a sub 15 PER and Landry getting $6.5 million for a 9 PER and Bargs getting 10 mil for a 12 PER, etc.

Honestly, I thought that before the trade too but that team somehow got off to a disastrous start.

Biggest thing to watch with them is OKC has their draft pick this year. Kind of an interesting side story.

eh, they got 4 grossly overpaid people in DeRozan, Landry, Bargs and Kleiza. Thats not even counting Gay. Their ceiling is the most expensive 6 seed the world has ever known. They're currently the anti-advanced stats team. Derozan getting 9.5 mil for a sub 15 PER and Landry getting $6.5 million for a 9 PER and Bargs getting 10 mil for a 12 PER, etc.

don't forget Amir Johnson! they have him locked up for three more years at an average salary of $6.5mm.

Prop bets for the TNT games tonight?

For the CHI-DEN game, I'm thinking something around transition points should be good. Denver leads the league in points scored in transition at 19.3 per game. Chicago is no slouch when it comes to defending the transition game, only giving up 12.9 pts off transition per game. Chicago's pretty injured, of course, but they've only allowed 11.7 pts in transition over their last 3 games. So here's the prop:

Denver's transition points tonight, with the o/u at 15.5.

Back