• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

The more Lin is exposed. The Harden will have to do.

Harden can be a 25 pp scorer on almost any team. I didn't say every.

Jeff Green looks terrible too though. That was a bad player swap. But seriously it is not a given that Westbrook will have a better career than Harden... but the worst part of it is that the Thunder could have easily kept all three by amnestying Perkins. Also, I'm not completely sold on Ibaka being worth not having Harden either.

Perk's contract is so inflated. How many more years does he have left? That contract could cause them to lose Ibaka too before it's all said and done.

Holy motherfucking shit it looks so much worse on replay. Westbrook followed the ball like an 8-year-old soccer player, he wasn't even picked. I seriously don't know what the fuck he was doing.

I'm not a huge Westbrook fan, but it looks like he just guessed wrong on where Parker's cut was going. He turned his head and by the time he turned back, Parker was to his spot.

Bad defense to be sure, but it wasn't a complete mental breakdown.

Sold the 1/4 Lakes game for $475 on stubhub already

palmab03 - dude, you need to get in touch with me regarding your pay fantasy hoops team. You haven't paid me, you've ignored my emails, and half your team is on IR.

WTF?

westbrook did the same thing in the lakers-thunder game 2 last year which resulted in blake having a wide ass open 3 to win it.

Westbrook sucks on defense and he's not great without the ball in his hands on offense. I think he's overrated and that most of this criticism is well deserved.

i'm so glad the thunder traded harden. it's awesome. nobody to bail them out when westbrook is out of control (frequently) and durant is standing around (frequently as well but he's getting better).

westbrook is going to take all the blame this year whether it's warranted or not. i hope he gets traded to a shit team, goes on a shooting rampage and beats durant for the scoring title.

I really think the criticism of Westbrook is way over the top. Are there times when he should defer to Durant more? Sure, but that team has no other scorers besides those two. He needs to be a score first point guard for that team to be effective. He'll still a top 12 player in the league. I think far more criticism should fall to Scott Brooks who lacks any form of creativity on the offensive end and doesn't run nearly enough sets with Perk/Ibaka setting off-ball screens to free up Durant for an easy shot.

Remember that time the Thunder could've (supposedly) traded Westbrook for Chris Paul before last year?

i don't remember this at all. the only way you consider not doing it is if durant and harden both said hell no. and then you do it anyway.

the Clippers never offered Paul for Westbrook. There were rumors the Hornets wanted to trade him for him Westbrook and the Thunder said no.

the Clippers never offered Paul for Westbrook. There were rumors the Hornets wanted to trade him for him Westbrook and the Thunder said no.

This was what I was referring to. The Thunder (supposedly) said no because Presti didn't want to disrupt the progression of the team as a whole. Whoops.

This was what I was referring to. The Thunder (supposedly) said no because Presti didn't want to disrupt the progression of the team as a whole. Whoops.

yeah man. cp3 running that show with harden and durant is a basketball fan's dream.

If he truly turned down Werstbrook for CP3 and has made the Harden trade, Presti is much luckier than he is "brilliant".

duncandunkin.gif

duncanno.gif

If he truly turned down Werstbrook for CP3 and has made the Harden trade, Presti is much luckier than he is "brilliant".

I've always thought he's a bit of both.

Last year there was all kinds of talk about how brilliant Presti was, with his brilliant analytics, and his brilliant accumulation of draft picks. I hate that. Plenty of teams out there use advanced analytics (I know all of the Texas teams do, at the very least), and plenty of teams out there would love to "build through the draft." But there's a lot of luck in "building through the draft." Part of the issue is having the right picks in the right draft, and part of it is simply having your players develop properly without injury.

These days I'm convinced that the mark of a good GM is the ability to craft an above average franken-team basically whenever you want. You bide your time, make sure you don't have any bad contracts, and wait for the opportunity to either pick up a star player through free agency or collect one through the draft (this, of course, means basically tanking your season by throwing out tons of young guys; it's where I thought the Rockets were going this year).

Like I said earlier, he was lucky he didn't get the first pick and take Oden as he said he would have.

I think taking Love over Westbrook would have put the Thunder in a much better position than they are in today. I think Presti made a bad choice there.

This being said, if PG was his pre-draft decision. Then Westbrook was much better than DJ Augustin or Bayless.

Some had Harden #2 behind Griffin. He was a manchild and 100% NBA ready.

The Perkins trade was no biggie.

I just don't see Presti as "brilliant".

Drafting Ibaka at the #24 spot is a plus for Brilliant Presti.

Also, Harden struggled his first year. I read somewhere that he wasn't even invited to the Rookie-Soph challenge, he made the team as an alternate. Not sure that qualifies as "100% NBA ready." He grew into the NBA game quickly, obviously.

Back