• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

Nate Robinson has been good this series and good at home the second half of the season. He's not a starting point guard, however, because he makes awful decisions sometimes. He happens to be playing for an elite coach, so that has helped his game. But as soon as his emotions get to him on the road, he makes bad choices, generally.

I see Bledsoe as a similar type of player. He had his chance to prove he is an NBA starting point guard when CP3 was out for 10 games and I think the Clippers went 2-8 during those 10 games. He makes bad decisions. He turns the ball over. He's a great backup, playing 18 minutes a game. Robinson is a great backup this year, but he's been hot and cold for 5+ years now, driving every coach he's played for batty except for Thibs.

I'd play Bledsoe 18-20 minutes a game in 4-5 bursts, so I would have played Chauncy the rest of the minutes in the 1st half and if he didn't show me anything, hit up Willie Green in the 2nd. I wouldn't play Jamal Crawford 30 minutes either. I'd play him 23-25. He needs fresh legs or his shooting % goes way down. They played CP3 too long in the 3rd quarter as well. 5 minutes left in the game, he basically hit a wall. Made sense. He carried the team for 20 straight minutes

Nate Robinson has been good this series and good at home the second half of the season. He's not a starting point guard, however, because he makes awful decisions sometimes. He happens to be playing for an elite coach, so that has helped his game. But as soon as his emotions get to him on the road, he makes bad choices, generally.

I see Bledsoe as a similar type of player. He had his chance to prove he is an NBA starting point guard when CP3 was out for 10 games and I think the Clippers went 2-8 during those 10 games. He makes bad decisions. He turns the ball over. He's a great backup, playing 18 minutes a game. Robinson is a great backup this year, but he's been hot and cold for 5+ years now, driving every coach he's played for batty except for Thibs.

I'd play Bledsoe 18-20 minutes a game in 4-5 bursts, so I would have played Chauncy the rest of the minutes in the 1st half and if he didn't show me anything, hit up Willie Green in the 2nd. I wouldn't play Jamal Crawford 30 minutes either. I'd play him 23-25. He needs fresh legs or his shooting % goes way down. They played CP3 too long in the 3rd quarter as well. 5 minutes left in the game, he basically hit a wall. Made sense. He carried the team for 20 straight minutes

Clippers fans wanted him on the floor as a 2 with CP3 and as a PG with Jamal.

Tony Allen is in an unrestricted FA after the season. Mid-level exception would be about double what he's being paid now.

Memphis is one of the worst three point shooting teams in the league. The Clippers problem in this series is not perimeter defense at the 2 and 3. Those are the two spots that do the least for the Grizzlies offensively.

LA is losing because Gasol and Randolph have dominated inside the last three games. The Clippers 1s, 2s and 3s are so concerned about helping out inside that it's creating open lanes and spacing. It's exactly how Memphis beats people.

Also, although it will not be well received on this board, CP3 isn't really outplaying Mike Conley by that much in this series. Conley has matured tremendously in the past 3 seasons. He has a very good understanding of when to score and when to facilitate. Yes, CP3 is better, but the difference isn't that great.

Curry v. Nuggets fan

Last edited:
You trade for need. Crawford can play backup point guard. Courtney Lee is a very good to great perimeter defender who can shoot the 3 when he's open. CP3 and Griffin would get Lee open looks. He was solid in Houston. I mean, you make that trade if you want to advance in the playoffs. You extract a draft pick or salary exception from Boston (who was desperate at the time) as well, maybe get Brandon Bass if you throw in Turiaf or Odom. Something.

I mean there was almost a deal for Bledsoe for Millsap.

Courtney Lee? He sucks. The Celtics killed his trade value and would be lucky to dump him for free at this point.

Wait, Eric Bledsoe for Courtney Lee wasn't a serious suggestion, was it?

I don't think so. I hope it wasn't, at least.

Is Bledsoe really going to be playing for peanuts until 2015?

its funny that the clips could really use getting AFA and Gordon back

Memphis is one of the worst three point shooting teams in the league. The Clippers problem in this series is not perimeter defense at the 2 and 3. Those are the two spots that do the least for the Grizzlies offensively.

LA is losing because Gasol and Randolph have dominated inside the last three games. The Clippers 1s, 2s and 3s are so concerned about helping out inside that it's creating open lanes and spacing. It's exactly how Memphis beats people.

Also, although it will not be well received on this board, CP3 isn't really outplaying Mike Conley by that much in this series. Conley has matured tremendously in the past 3 seasons. He has a very good understanding of when to score and when to facilitate. Yes, CP3 is better, but the difference isn't that great.

Conley has definitely risen big time this year. I'd have him as a top 5 PG, but it kind of depends on how you classify PG (Westbrook and Curry play the 1, but their roles can be pretty far from a 1)

Fun Bledsoe facts:

3rd in the league in steals per minute (behind CP3 and rubio)
most blocks per game of any guard (PG or SG)
33rd in blocks per minute for ANY position (More than Asik, Blatche, MKG, Durant, Millsap, Kanter, D West, Splitter, Jeff Green, Al Horford, Boogie Cousins, Lebron James, Greg Monroe, Blake Griffin)
Is 23 years old
Shot 40% from 3 this year
One of the best on ball defenders in the league

Yeah, lets trade him for Courtney Lee. :rulz:

Offer me Parsons or Leonard and we can start talking. But they'll end up getting Granger for him.

Last edited:
Parsons can't really be traded. I don't remember all the details, but his contract makes it so. He's basically on a path to FA when his rookie deal finishes, and there's nothing the Rockets can do.

Back