• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

You have a really weird view of the Spurs sometimes. It's just natural that really hot and cold starts even out after a while.

No, I've just probably watched at least 1,000 Spurs games in the Duncan era. For whatever reason when it comes real easy for them, they ease up a little instead of putting the pedal to the floor. Not a 100% of the time but far too many times.

Yea, I'm basically saying that not "putting the pedal to the floor" is just two teams regressing to the mean.

Sure there are times like that, but in that stretch I thought they had a series of self-inflicted bad offensive possessions. Obviously, if you opponent is doing it to you that's another thing. They were doing it to themselves.

Teams don't consistently destroy other teams in the NBA, esp. in the playoffs. The talent is too great, even on the worst of teams.

Certainly understand that, but at the 'look in' with Pop showed he agreed they had lost focus and let up.

fresh off my semifinal predictions (all four teams right, was off by 1 on all and nailed the Heat series), i'll make my picks for the CFs

San Antonio def. GRIZZLE in 6
Heat def. Pacers in 5

Spurs take care of business. Come out focused and ready to play in this series, as opposed to GS series. Good to win, but have to win game 2. Memphis is not going to keep letting Parker get to the rim. They might also figure out not to leave the Spurs 3pt shooters alone.

Spurs win on Tuesday, I think they'll steal on in Memphis. Playing on Memorial Day, which is a good day in Spurs history.

If they don't collapse on Parker as he drives, it's layup drills. Of they do collapse the first or second pass it to a wide open three.

fresh off my semifinal predictions (all four teams right, was off by 1 on all and nailed the Heat series), i'll make my picks for the CFs

San Antonio def. GRIZZLE in 6
Heat def. Pacers in 5

Pacers in 6

Hibbert exposes Bosh to be the fraud we all know he is, Lance Stephenson does at least three crazy-person things directed at D-Wade

Haha, win or lose, Lance will do crazy-person things. Born Ready was born ready for this moment, and only partly because of basketball

I can't disagree, especially because he has to live in INDIANAPOLIS. this is his best chance at national recognition, so he better go Ron Artest if that's his gameplan.

If they don't collapse on Parker as he drives, it's layup drills. Of they do collapse the first or second pass it to a wide open three.

As long as Parker continues to drive. There have been times when for some reason Parker stops driving then the Spurs struggle.

An interesting thought is could you imagine what the Spurs could have done when Duncan was in his prime if they had this group of 3 pt shooters? That was almost always their fatal flaw, that they did not have a consistent 3 pt shooter. And everyone they tried didn't deliver in the playoffs.

As long as Parker continues to drive. There have been times when for some reason Parker stops driving then the Spurs struggle.

An interesting thought is could you imagine what the Spurs could have done when Duncan was in his prime if they had this group of 3 pt shooters? That was almost always their fatal flaw, that they did not have a consistent 3 pt shooter. And everyone they tried didn't deliver in the playoffs.

Bowen was about their only one but he had to be in the corner to hit it. Big Shot Rob's outside game is a big reason they won it all in '05. The other years, you are right. No legitimate outside threat made them very one-dimensional.

Back