• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

Who will the Grizz go to? I'm feeling a Conley runner for some reason.

I'm not sure Hollins is a good coach

you don't think so? it was funny in the thunder series hubie brown was announcing and the play by play guy was just rattling facts on how hollins turned around a previously dismal franchise

Also, I would imagine most coaches aren't advanced stats guys. I think that coaching and personnel management are too entirely different skillsets.

I mean are you just assuming this because Hollins doesnt like advanced statistics? Or is Memphis really considering this?

What what? Explain this

Memphis hired John Hollinger as like its assistant GM. Every trade they've made since are for guys Hollinger at ESPN raved about, and he shipped out guys he didn't like. Its clear he has a large input in the organization. Hollins is known as a guy who doesn't like any advanced statistics and the memphis grizzlies decision maker is like THE inventor of advanced statistics, or at least the most prominent writer. Its an odd pairing to say the least.

He is much better than Vinny.

Am not sure Memphis fans agreed with you after losing to Vinny in 7 last year and being down 0-2 this year. He was pretty much the last guy on the planet to realize Rudy Gay was not good at basketball.

Memphis hired John Hollinger as like its assistant GM. Every trade they've made since are for guys Hollinger at ESPN raved about, and he shipped out guys he didn't like. Its clear he has a large input in the organization. Hollins is known as a guy who doesn't like any advanced statistics and the memphis grizzlies decision maker is like THE inventor of advanced statistics, or at least the most prominent writer. Its an odd pairing to say the least.

Doesn't mean it doesn't work. I bet Phil Jackson and Pop aren't necessarily stat geeks.

man duncan just cracked gasol with an off elbow on offense then clobbers conley on defense

he's beating up the grizz, not bad for an old man

Back