• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

A Heat loss makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Thank you, Paul Pierce!

Battier with a really solid game line:

36 minutes, 2 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, and 5 fouls

Was he just standing in the corner for 95% of the time he was on the court?

Battier with a really solid game line:

36 minutes, 2 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, and 5 fouls

Was he just standing in the corner for 95% of the time he was on the court?

knowing how the heat play theres a fairly good chance of that being the case lol

it's funny how butthurt jvg is about dwight getting svg fired. he unloads on him every chance he gets.

So he shouldn't exert more effort? Not really sure what you're arguing here ...

And he gets steals because he gambles all the time, creating a domino rally of FAIL behind him when he misses. It's a chicken-egg argument - what came first, Cousins' shit individual defense of the Kings' shit team defense? More importantly, does it really matter? Certainly not to the other teams playing them.

He should definitely give more effort, much more effort, that's inarguable. The Kings sucked before Cousins and they suck now, i'm just arguing that you're off base by blaming Cousins for their woes, as if getting rid of him would fix the team. You place the expectation that he should keep them afloat based on his obvious ability. Here are the last thirteen #5 draft picks:

00: Mike Miller
01: Jason Richardson
02: Nicoloz Tskitishvili
03: Dwayne Wade
04: Devin Harris
05: Raymond Felton
06: Shelden Williams
07: Jeff Green
08: Kevin Love
09: Ricky Rubio
10: Cousins
11: Jonas Valuncious
12: Thomas Robinson

Considering history, i'd say you should consider your team fortunate to have gotten the 3rd best #5 pick since 2000. I doubt you'll be able to place nearly the same responsibility on Thomas Robinson or Jimmer Fredette soon, if ever.

Last edited:
He should definitely give more effort, much more effort, that's inarguable. The Kings sucked before Cousins and they suck now, i'm just arguing that you're off base by blaming Cousins for their woes, as if getting rid of him would fix the team. You place the expectation that he should keep them afloat based on his obvious ability. Here are the last thirteen #5 draft picks:

Considering history, i'd say you should consider your team fortunate to have gotten the 3rd best #5 pick since 2000. I doubt you'll be able to place nearly the same responsibility on Thomas Robinson or Jimmer Fredette soon, if ever.

Only reason Cousins dropped to pick #5 is because of his being Cousins. Smart teams not owned by the Maloofs wanted nothing to do with him.

I don't think you can put Cousins above JRich.

And it's way, way too early to make long term statements about Jonas or Robinson. Hell, or even Rubio. The only guys there that Cousins is clearly better than, from a career standpoint, are Miller, Tskitishvili, Shelden, Harris, Felton, and Green. And the last 3 are only worse than Cousins if Cousins doesn't flame out in the next 3-5 years, which he very well could. Those are some pretty solid players.

With Rondo out, the Celtics could easily miss the playoffs. I wonder if there has been a year when the Celtics and Lakers were in the lottery together.

With Rondo out, the Celtics could easily miss the playoffs. I wonder if there has been a year when the Celtics and Lakers were in the lottery together.

I don't think it'll happen, but that would be a pretty solid long-term scenario for the Celts. Getting into the high lottery would be huge.

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt
Overheard at Boston mayor's home: "Hondo tore his APL?"

I don't think it'll happen, but that would be a pretty solid long-term scenario for the Celts. Getting into the high lottery would be huge.

If they miss the playoffs they'll most likely get a 10-14 pick. Good thing Austin Rivers isn't in this draft for Doc.

Lakers won't get a pick this year regardless of what happens.

Back