• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

I get his shot wasn't falling tonight but why isn't there every effort being put towards developing him? They aren't making the playoffs. He will get 30 mins one night, 11 the next. It's not like the guy dogs it on the defensive end as he is a max effort guy at all times. yet somehow Austin Rivers is getting more consistent minutes lately despite the dreadful season he is putting up.

This spurs team is so good. Really hope they don't trade for Jefferson. I get how it will help them post Duncan but it will really slow them down. Splitter can play fast. Also watch out for de condo. He is going to be reall really good next year or the year after

This spurs team is so good. Really hope they don't trade for Jefferson. I get how it will help them post Duncan but it will really slow them down. Splitter can play fast. Also watch out for de condo. He is going to be reall really good next year or the year after

If shooters go cold in the playoffs, it would be nice to have a bruiser inside.

But they have five shooters: Manu, jack, green, Neal, and Leonard. I think if you keep jack you get that money to spend in the off season and jack probably resigns for $2 or $3 million

But they have five shooters: Manu, jack, green, Neal, and Leonard. I think if you keep jack you get that money to spend in the off season and jack probably resigns for $2 or $3 million

Had the same shooters last year and they went cold in OKC

Pop has made Danny Green into a player. He's made Jackson into a team player. Why can't he work a little magic on Jefferson?

Jefferson has more ability than either. He's never been on a team that had a shot. He does get rebounds. Maybe he can be taught the outlet pass to start the team on breaks.

If they trade Splitter and Mills and Manu retires, they can afford Jefferson.

Spurs might shock the world this year. If they can put up performances like that without Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili they will be extremely tough to beat in the playoffs. I know they were doing this a little bit last year but they seem more driven to win it this year. They coasted last year in a short NBA season. Now they are dominating and doing it on a consistent basis.

My favorites to win it, in this order: Thunder, Spurs, Heat

Clippers are still a year away.

the real reason the spurs lost is because perkins and ibaka shot out of their asses from 20 ft in san antonio

This, and James Harden went Mr. Big Shot. That guy made some incredible plays to win games that were toss-ups.

OK City doesn't scare me without Harden. I mean, they could obviously win a 7-game series, but it's a toss-up, depends on health and about a dozen possessions. Back about six years ago, the Spurs rode into the playoffs with the best or second best record and when they hit the Lakers you knew it would be a big upset if the Spurs won (that said, I think Brent Barry got fouled on that last second 3!). They just didn't match up well anymore.

I don't get why you don't just sign Oden for the rest of the year specifically for 12 minutes per game against OK City. Watching the Spurs last night, they don't need any more offense, though watching games the last several weeks, I think you can see that Leonard is chaffing at the bit a little bit and is ready and wants more touches. With Parker and Duncan on the court, he's less of a slasher than he naturally is. To his credit, he does what he's asked, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Pop try and turn Leonard into the 3rd option and Manu into more of a role player. In the playoffs when Manu is trying to be the creator, he has quarters where he is just a turnover machine. But part of that is he thinks he has to be that guy. Play him with Leonard more and give Leonard a little more free reign. The great thing about the kid is he is shooting like 90% from the free throw line and he gets hit on the wrist on all his slash moves because the defender is always shocked how fucking long his arms are. They go for the block where they expect the ball to be and it is 6 inches higher.

I traded Michael Kidd Gilchrist and Charlie Villaneuva for Andray Blatche and Kawhi Leonard in late December. Thank god.

How on earth did you end up with Villanueva to begin with?

20 team fantasy leagues:
WE-NEED-TO-GO-DEEPER.jpg

Back