• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

nah, it gives the grizz the idea they can hang. So far the first 2 games have played out exactly like the Clippers series.

I agree it gives the griz hope, but they are playing the Spurs not the Clippers.

Spurs just need to steal one in Memphis now.

I agree it gives the griz hope, but they are playing the Spurs not the Clippers.

Spurs just need to steal one in Memphis now.

I think the Spurs role players would have gone into Memphis overconfident with another rout. I doubt Pop will have trouble getting anyone's attention and focus the rest of the week.

when's the last time someone went 0-2 getting blown out the first two games and won? Memphis playing game 2 close absolutely helps them, it was basically identical to the Clips, down 10+ late in the fourth, tied it up, lost to a Wake Forest grad making a silly shot.

The clips didn't lose because they pulled off the gas starting in game 3, memphis got confident and started playing out their minds and no one was beating them those 4 games. This helps memphis's confidence more than losing by 10+

Last edited:
I don't see the Grizzlies beating the Spurs 4 out of the next 5 games.

I know OKC did it to the Spurs last year, but I think the Spurs are better than last year and the Grizz are worse than last year's OKC team.

We learned two things tonight. 1) This series will not be a sweep. However. 2) The Spurs have too many weapons to succumb to Memphis, even at their best, four times.

I don't see the Grizzlies beating the Spurs 4 out of the next 5 games.

I know OKC did it to the Spurs last year, but I think the Spurs are better than last year and the Grizz are worse than last year's OKC team.

I don't either, just saying I like their chances more after making a game of it in game 2 opposed to getting blown out twice.

Jamal Crawford ✔ @JCrossover

Don't let the quiet confidence fool you, Duncan knows he's great...
8:57 PM - 21 May 2013
972 RETWEETS 315 FAVORITES

We learned two things tonight. 1) This series will not be a sweep. However. 2) The Spurs have too many weapons to succumb to Memphis, even at their best, four times.

No one called for a sweep but so far, the Grizzlies have had one good quarter. The 4th last night when, coincidentally, Duncan had to ride the pine due to foul trouble. I know the media has to talk up the series because short of the winning team and their fans, no one wants a 4-0 sweep. But I'm trying to figure out where the Memphis folks are finding so much to be happy about considering they were again down by as much as 18 points and needed Duncan out- and Parker to go cold and Ginobili to get a flagrant- in order to climb back in late in the game. And speaking of Ginobili, he can present the ESPY for Best Actor to Tony Allen who will no doubt receive a bill from David Stern for his acting job last night.

Anything can happen and I expect Memphis to certainly win at home. But if the 4th last night goes like the first 7, Memphis is reeling.

Palma- what the hell is with posting at 1am through 4am?

Not to mention that the extra days off are going to be a big help to the Spurs.

Interesting question, shouldn't the NBA have required Allen to leave the game for a concussion test? Everyone knows he was faking especially after the replay, but I thought the NBA was concerned about head injuries and are supposed to take the safe route and check it out.

Not to mention that the extra days off are going to be a big help to the Spurs.

Interesting question, shouldn't the NBA have required Allen to leave the game for a concussion test? Everyone knows he was faking especially after the replay, but I thought the NBA was concerned about head injuries and are supposed to take the safe route and check it out.

If they cared about concussions, Harrison Barnes wouldn't have come back in the last game against the Warriors. NBA has its head in the sand still about concussions.

Yeah, Timmay getting three fouls in 30 seconds is what allowed Memphis to get back in it. No coincidence that when Timmay was on the bench, Zbo got all his points and boards. Also, no coincidence that w Tim out, Parker did not get a rest and ran out of gas. If Tim is in, they hold the lead and none of this happens. But, good win. Zbo know he cant score on Tim. Tim holds his ground instead of going for the old man ball fakes. Zbo can only beat Tim with jumpers and those are not falling as yet.

The refs may have acknowledged that he was faking and still called a flagrant. One really doesn't have much to do with the other, as there's no rule that a player has to be hurt to get a flagrant. I don't think it should have been a flagrant, but it was borderline since Manu hung on and pulled him down.

I agree with rj that Pop left Duncan on the bench too long with foul trouble. It drives me nuts when coaches do that. They're so afraid that they'll be forced to sit a player on the bench that they voluntarily sit him on the bench.

This game was Memphis chance to steal one on the road. The second half was the game that they wanted. Spurs were cold, Duncan got in foul trouble, Parker struggled, and Zbo got going. This game was in Memphis preferred scoring range, and they lost.

SportsCenter had a ridiculous stat this morning about how many points in the paint Memphis got with Tim in the game vs without. I can't remember the numbers but it was a huge difference.

Think about it this way. with Tim on the bench most of the game; the spurs playing badly for over half the game; with ZBo/Gasol having 27/32 and Bayless getting 18;horrible officiating in their favor;two of the stupidest fouls in the history of the Spurs (giving the Griz four shots after two periods had ended) and Parker shooting 6-20, the Griz still didn't win.

Back