• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 Washington Redskins Thread

Checking in - RGIII put up some good numbers, but it's preseason.

I'm very concerned about the offensive line chemistry and lack of experience. Hoping for the best, but as a Skins fan, expecting the worst.

Checking in - RGIII put up some good numbers, but it's preseason.

I'm very concerned about the offensive line chemistry and lack of experience. Hoping for the best, but as a Skins fan, expecting the worst.

Our O line problems are bad but not as bad as everyone is making them out to be. All but one guy who started tonight started at least 4 games last year.

For what it's worth, there are separate Yankees and Red Sox threads (though the first place yanks hasn't had a post in weeks, and the red sox thread is very active, and they're hovering around last). And there is also a Panthers and Bills thread to go with the NFL and NFC East threads. I mean, I am the one of like 3 dudes on the boards that post about Detroit sports, so I don't feel the need for my own thread, but I don't think it causes all that much clutter personally. There are approximately a dozen soccer threads a year, and I'm sure y'all get complaints about the clutter, but it doesn't really bother me too much. How hard is fucking scrolling and/or searching? Me personally, I read all the threads, and it's nice to be able to have actual threaded discussions instead of general convo, even though I get the concept behind the merges.

Just my jumbled $.02

Agreed. Especially due to the number of DCDeacs and Skins fans.

skinssbs.jpg

Aye, why can't the real NFL team for this area have a thread? Ever since the stupid expansion team got here, we have to suffer such mediocre coverage of the Redskins from local sources... keep the redskin thread!

I also didnt get to watch the preseason game, although i almost bought the package from the NFL to watch them - how did the defense look? Did Jenkins get to play much? I have wondered what last year would have brought with both rookies playing on the line....

Our O line problems are bad but not as bad as everyone is making them out to be. All but one guy who started tonight started at least 4 games last year.

And you sucked last year. Not sure why you would think it would get better if it is the same crappy players.

And you sucked last year. Not sure why you would think it would get better if it is the same crappy players.

Our O line actually played fairly well at the end of the year. But you are just trolling so I don't expect any legit conversation from you.

Aye, why can't the real NFL team for this area have a thread? Ever since the stupid expansion team got here, we have to suffer such mediocre coverage of the Redskins from local sources... keep the redskin thread!

I also didnt get to watch the preseason game, although i almost bought the package from the NFL to watch them - how did the defense look? Did Jenkins get to play much? I have wondered what last year would have brought with both rookies playing on the line....

Hard to tell because you don't know what the other team is working on. They did keep them out of the endzone after a TO on our 10. That being said I don't think the Bills ran the ball one time on our first team. They were obviously working on some passing situations.

We are really deep on the D-line now. Jenkins is still getting in to football shape I think, not quite as bouncy as he was last year before the injury, but I'm not too worried. A lot of the 2nd and third stringers on the line looked good. Nield, Chris Wilson, 'Zo Alexander, Baker, Golston. These guys are all behind Bowen, Cofield, Rak, Kerrigan. And Kerrigan looked really, really good actually. We are deep there.

On offense Garcon looked fantastic, really crisp routes and YAC, etc. You can see the potential in the passing game with Garcon, Hankerson, Davis, 'Tana in the slot. Just need to protect.

Our O line actually played fairly well at the end of the year. But you are just trolling so I don't expect any legit conversation from you.

Not much to discuss. It is a 6-10 team that added a bunch of C-grade receivers and a rookie QB who is going to get run out of town (rightly or wrongly) by the lunatic fanbase in 4 years because he has to live up to the completely unrealisitic expectations set by Cam Newton even though his game is not very similar to Newton's. You are in the same division as the defending Super Bowl champs, an absolutely loaded Philly team that was red hot towards the end of last season, and a Cowboys team that will of course implode but is nonetheless much more talented than the Skins. Anything other than last place would be a significant surprise.

Ratings for the preseason game last night were higher than any Caps playoff game and the strasburg debut. Wow.

I know this is going to sound nuts, but does anyone see Kirk Cousins getting on the field this year? I believe that he could be a quality starter in the league for a long time. The Skins took him in the 4th round, which, in my opinion, means they think highly of him. He's a tough, polished, pocket passser who comes from a pro style system. He's nowhere near as athletic as RG3, but he might be more effective over the long haul. Also, given the amount of designed runs RG3 is running, Cousins might have to play out of necessity. I hope RG3 is the real deal, but I can really see Cousins' career playing out like Matt Schaub if he doesn't ever start in Washington.

If Cousins sees the field and it has nothing to do with an RG3 injury, everyone in a leadership position in the organization should (will?) be packing their bags.

Today is one of those glorious days when the idiots are in full bloom on local sports radio.

Back