• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 MLB POSTSEASON THREAD

Why do the D'Backs hate Upton? Also I'd love a Shields for Upton

Dunno, but the Bj to the Phils train seems to have some steam - word is Rube was meeting with his agent over the past couple of days.

In related news, Freddy Galvis is playing some 3rd base in the Venezuelan league in case he needs to take over there next year. Awesome.

Also on Justin - rumor is the DBacks are asking for StarWIN in exchange for him. I am not sure if the Cubs really think Baez will continue to be a shortstop or not - but I can't see anyway we trade Castro for Upton at this juncture. Maybe if this trade were on the table next offseason.

One more post, cause its friday and Im bored. Cubs put in a bid for Hyun-Jin Ryu - the person I have seen him compared to most is David Wells, which is not a bad comparison. Would be a solid addition to the Cubs current 2 man rotation of Garza and The Shark.

Dunno, but the Bj to the Phils train seems to have some steam - word is Rube was meeting with his agent over the past couple of days.

In related news, Freddy Galvis is playing some 3rd base in the Venezuelan league in case he needs to take over there next year. Awesome.

The CF market seems to be a buyers’ market, hopefully RAJ sits back and waits a while. As for Freddy (and the signing of Kevin Frandsen, for that matter), the 3B market seems to be pretty barren.

One more post, cause its friday and Im bored. Cubs put in a bid for Hyun-Jin Ryu - the person I have seen him compared to most is David Wells, which is not a bad comparison. Would be a solid addition to the Cubs current 2 man rotation of Garza and The Shark.

I didn't realize he was posted, wonder who the other teams are that put in a bid. Scott Boras client, right?

Why do the D'Backs hate Upton? Also I'd love a Shields for Upton

Young, affordable deal, great potential (amazing year in 2011).... no idea. It also seems like they might be selling low given his down year in 2012. The Diamondbacks are weird.

I didn't realize he was posted, wonder who the other teams are that put in a bid. Scott Boras client, right?

Rangers, Phils, Indians, Dodgers I think I saw - maybe some others. Looks like the winning bid is going to be around $20 mil and he is looking for a 4/$40 deal out the gate. And yes, Boras client.

Also, Frandsen for $1.5 mil or whatever is a solid signing, assuming he can be even 85% of what he was last year, he is at worst a stop gap/platooner. I read a couple of places that the Cubs are looking at MVP Eric Chavez as a 3B solution for a couple of years with a dejesus-type contract (2/$10) - I have no real opinion on that, I guess he is better than Ian Stewart?

I think Frandsen is at $850K (with incentives that could get him up higher). Bargain!

I did see some people that suggested Chavez for the Phillies. Should be cheap? (BR has him at $2.4MM for the last two years combined.)

Finally some big news! Orioles re-sign Lew Ford.

Back