• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 Triad Pro-Am Summer League Thread - CMM/Tree/Chase/Green Win Title

Thanks so much for the coverage. Who had the edge tonight, DT or DG? or did they play to a draw?

Foul trouble kept both of them out of the game for long stretches, but I'd say slight edge Green. Devin has the more fluid post moves/drop step though. Green powering through him on two dunks was pretty impressive considering where he was last year strength-wise.

While I understand the dislike of Buzz as our HC, as I share it, I don't understand the repeated, continual taunting of him and our program. What will it accomplish?

Glad to hear that the guys have clearly hit the gym to improve. Excited about this season.

Foul trouble kept both of them out of the game for long stretches, but I'd say slight edge Green. Devin has the more fluid post moves/drop step though. Green powering through him on two dunks was pretty impressive considering where he was last year strength-wise.

Why doesn't the summer league do like the NBA summer league and give more fouls to the players?

Thanks again for the recaps. It all sounds positive except for the foul trouble among all three bigs. Does it seem like they're far from learning to defend without fouling?

Thanks so much for the coverage. Who had the edge tonight, DT or DG? or did they play to a draw?

Overall impressions based not only on summer league but on everything since the freshmen arrived has lead to several general observations. Relative to your question, DGreen is indeed about 25 lbs heavier and definitely stronger than last year. Devin is used to just bulling through lesser competition and is much rawer in his fundamental skill sets than anticipated. He is willing to work, but has more to do than expected. CMM is quite impressive and will allow CJ to move to the 2, as hoped. Dre has better touch than expected and needs to get stronger. He is better than we were led to believe, but still has a long way to go. Tree plays like a tweener and it will be interesting to see how that works out. Moto is probably the most mature of the new guys and works hard. Travis as a junior is showing some of the true leadership qualities that were absent his first two years. He seems more comfortable and has been impressive as a leader, a truly important quality for this team. He has stepped up big time. We now have a lot of depth at the 2/3/4, but are thin at the point and still need a 5.

Good stuff! How improved is Chase for Acc level play?

Good stuff! How improved is Chase for Acc level play?

Hard to say right now. He still can fill it up in the gym and has better than expected handles and decision making with the ball. Has a tough time creating his shot (on the perimeter ... he has surprised by creating a floater off penetration, but I dont know if we will see that one in conference play). He just needs to be a bit more consistent when the lights come on, and maybe a year of experience will help.

I was impressed with Chase's ball handling, playmaking and decision making last year. Defense always looked sneaky good to me too. For him to be real valuable he just needs to knock the open 3's at a higher rate this year.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the work that goes in to covering, filming, writing, and editing...posting. I appreciate it.

I hope we surprise some this year. We're due, and....nature abhors a vacuum.

Love all the coverage guys, thanks. BSD is kicking ass. Any guess on when Thursday's video highlights will be posted? And did you guys do any more interviews?

Thanks to all who've provided the recaps and observations. Don't seem to be any surprises, and generally some positive feeling going forward. I think some folks are over-analyzing summer league. Relax people.

I thought the boys looked good last night and there is quite a bit to be excited about. I got a chance to talk to Kenny Beck at the beginning of the second half of the CJ vs CCM game and he seemed optimistic as well. He told me he thought Travis would be much improved and that Travis had put on 10-15 pounds in the off season as well.

Sorry for the delay guys. My girlfriend surprised me with a visit. I'll try to get it up tomorrow while I'm watching the Open. Worst case it will be up Sunday morning/afternoon.

Really sorry about the delay.

Sorry for the delay guys. My girlfriend surprised me with a visit. I'll try to get it up tomorrow while I'm watching the Open. Worst case it will be up Sunday morning/afternoon.

Really sorry about the delay.

Your girlfriend better be smoking hot.

Let's hope he doesn't mix up the homemade videos when he finally does get around to uploading.

Back