• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 Triad Pro-Am Summer League Thread - CMM/Tree/Chase/Green Win Title

The third game was kind of strange. All of our guys played well but the other team shot lights out. They had some talent on their team though. Chas, Kishon Bishop, Carter Cook, Josh Nufflett (sp?, but he had like 30 points).

Carter Cook >>>> *

Oooo Chas is a brat? Shocker

From the BSD article:

In news that should surprise no one, Chas McFarland was ejected in the middle of the second half due to a technical he received while at the scorer's table questioning a referee. McFarland was vocal throughout the game, mixing comedy with negativity. After a Salem Smiles player missed a free throw badly, Chas shouted to his teammate, "good foul!" He also frequently reminded teammates to leave Rountree open, since he "can't shoot." McFarland did not, however, make a major impact on the court. Josh Nofflet led Mountain Fried Chicken with 30 points.

Chas is a thug. Any former Deac who behaves in this way should not be allowed around our team. [Redacted] and co. need to grow some balls and tell him to screw off already.

Funny that the only 2 ACC alums that played in the league are the ones that got ejected. You'd think they would be a little more mature after their time in college and playing professionally.

Came back in town to watch this last night and I must say I am sorely disappointed in what I am looking at. People must remember that our young guys are playing against themselves and a bunch of washed up older guys who might have been ball players once upon a time but were nowhere near all time Atlantic Coast Conference players. Most were not even near our conference recruits. We are really going to struggle to be out of the bottom third of the conference this year. Luckily the conference is way down but we are not there either and some of last years young teams have a years worth of experience on us. I see only Cody as being able to help us right now to go along with CJ and Travis who are great. Hopefully somebody from last years bunch will improve and step into the fray also.

By all accounts last night was by far the worst of the 3 nights. If only Codi is "able to help" immediately, we will go 0-fer in conference. When more than half of your roster is comprised of freshmen, you have no other choices. Obviously we aren't going to be top half, but the frosh will contribute more than you are led to believe from watching one sub-par night of summer league.

By all accounts last night was by far the worst of the 3 nights. If only Codi is "able to help" immediately, we will go 0-fer in conference. When more than half of your roster is comprised of freshmen, you have no other choices. Obviously we aren't going to be top half, but the frosh will contribute more than you are led to believe from watching one sub-par night of summer league.

I agree with this. The best thing about these guys is the motor on them and their desire to win. They are already a very cohesive bunch and I think they will surprise some people this year.

Not sure how you could think that Rountree won't play a big factor on the team this year after last night's performance. Just an example.

Rountree is going to contribute this year for sure. He can do a little bit of everything on the court and hustles extremely well. He had 9,5,5,4, and 2 yesterday. That's a lot of stats even for a summer league game.

NM, looks like CJ, Moto, Thomas vs. Jones, McKie, Washington in the 6:30 game (is Cav back?), and then Fischer, Green, Codi, and Aaron vs whoevers at 7:30.. that sound right to you BSD guys?

NM, looks like CJ, Moto, Thomas vs. Jones, McKie, Washington in the 6:30 game (is Cav back?), and then Fischer, Green, Codi, and Aaron vs whoevers at 7:30.. that sound right to you BSD guys?

That's right. No Deacs in the 8:30 game. I doubt we'll see Cav in the summer league. We don't want that injury to linger on like we have seen with others in the past.

You usually say "he can't shoot" or mock a guy on another team you don't like or don't know. Not when it is a current Deac and you are a former Deac. He's not helping Rountree's confidence at all. What an idiot.

From the BSD article:

Chas is a thug. Any former Deac who behaves in this way should not be allowed around our team. [Redacted] and co. need to grow some balls and tell him to screw off already.

Chas was right. Roundtree can't shoot, and he is going to hear exactly what Chas said in every gym he plays in this year. Actually Chas could have criticized many parts of his game (except his leaping ability).

Back