• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 Wake soccer thread: Deacs host Coastal in R32 Sunday

The midfield looks crowded. Martin is going to have to work hard for time, but him, Robinson and Gamble should all be contributors this year.

I don't follow Wake soccer very closely, but it seems like we had a decent year last year with a very young team and are adding one of the best classes in the country without losing much of anyone. For those who do follow closely, is that a fair take on the state of the program and what are the expectations for this year?

Big expectations this year, IMHO. Young but talented in 2011. Everyone is back, plus one of the top frosh classes in the country.

The women should be outstanding again this year after last year's College Cup appearance.

How do the men look in relation to the rest of the ACC?

How do the men look in relation to the rest of the ACC?

I'm not sure. There's a picture, but I can't make him out. At the time, I think Pato was the biggest U20 star and he didn't play.

when the 2008wake team went to brazil was neymar on the field when we tied their u18? youth national team?

Latt,
I spoke with one of the players on the 2008 wake team that made the trip and played against the U-18 Brazilian team in that game...he confirmed that Neymar did not play in that game...

Last edited:
Tough day for the UNC program with Kirk Urso passing...

Yeah it sounds kind of strange, it will be interesting to see what happened.

Whatever the cause I will choose to focus on who Kirk was....he was a kind and sweet kid and grew into a fine young man. In addition, he just happened to be a very good soccer player. He is gone from this life too soon and I pray that his mother and father, Sandy and Mike Urso, and surviving brother can find peace and comfort in the midst of this tradegy and in the future.

Here is a remembrance by Rob Ziegler of TopDrawer Soccer:

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/coll...membrance-of-kirk-urso-soccer-player_aid24738

And additionally here is a remembrance by Crew Staff, Teammates and Former coaches:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...o-soon-crew-players-staff-share-memories-urso

RIP Kirk Urso:-(

The 2012 season officially begins today....gear and equipment is being handed out...team meetings and dinner. Daily doubles start Thursday morning

Go Deacs!!

I don't follow Wake soccer very closely, but it seems like we had a decent year last year with a very young team and are adding one of the best classes in the country without losing much of anyone. For those who do follow closely, is that a fair take on the state of the program and what are the expectations for this year?

We will be serious contenders to reach the Final Four, IMO. We are stacked.

If they can improve their finishing, they'll definitely be serious contenders.

First game at home vs Radford 7pm next Tuesday, 8/14....head out to Spry for an early looksee

Last edited:
Back