• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread: TIMOTHY THEODORE DUNCAN #5

Just out of curiosity, can you tell me what you see in common between the Harrisons and Rashad McCants, besides the obvious that all 3 have "Born to be hated, Dying to be loved" tattoos.

McCants was better than either of the Harrison twins as a freshman.

McCants should be a starter in the NBA if he wasn't insane

McCants was better than either of the Harrison twins as a freshman.
McCants was a bawse, scored like 1800 in 3 seasons, right? I still don't see why Bone is comparing a 6'3 scoring guard to the Harrisons. Unless he's just naming off all the "sullen" guards he can think of.

Spurs just need one more to clinch home court. I think we rest guys in Phoenix after the Duncan knee scare last night. Still have that last game against the Lolakers assuming OKC doesn't drop one more.

Just out of curiosity, can you tell me what you see in common between the Harrisons and Rashad McCants, besides the obvious that all 3 have "Born to be hated, Dying to be loved" tattoos.

Very good college skills that don't/won't translate to success in the NBA. That simple.

All three are "short" for their size. Me thinks. They have JJ Barea-itis of the arms, i.e., they ain't long in the arms, more of a compact build. I know that works for some like Barea and it worked for Tim Hardaway, Vinnie Johnson and a few others, but I don't see it happening for Harrisons.

Last edited:
Also, they're twins, and individually they're less than the sum of their parts. Science.

Also, they're twins, and individually they're less than the sum of their parts. Science.

Glad you are on board. as you know, the Collins' are a bisexual big man and the Lopez' are medium offense, medium defense, medium boards talent with neither a short cut hairdo or a long one, but rather, a mid-cut 'do.

Very good college skills that don't/won't translate to success in the NBA. That simple.

All three are "short" for their size. Me thinks. They have JJ Barea-itis of the arms, i.e., they ain't long in the arms, more of a compact build. I know that works for some like Barea and it worked for Tim Hardaway, Vinnie Johnson and a few others, but I don't see it happening for Harrisons.

But the Harrison twins weren't very good college players. McCants was a stud.

Duke fans going crazy on my fb feed because Jabari Parker applied for sophomore housing at Duke; shades of CP and JGray. Get ready for Duke fans to turn their arrogance up to 11 if he stays

I wonder how if the Joe Johnson era Hawks would have achieved something meaningful if they had better coaching. My guess is if you substitute Rick Carlisle for Mike Woodson or Larry Drew, they may have gone to the Finals at some point.

I wonder how if the Joe Johnson era Hawks would have achieved something meaningful if they had better coaching. My guess is if you substitute Rick Carlisle for Mike Woodson or Larry Drew, they may have gone to the Finals at some point.

Which season?

Not sure. Don't have one in mind really. I guess looking back 2009-10 was their best chance. They won 53 games that year and a 50 win Celtics team went to the Finals. Not to say they were the best team in the conference, but if you can win 53 games with Woodson, you probably could get close to 60 with Carlisle.

Meh, they got swept by Dwight in the semis that year. Also LeBron had his crazy chokefest, but the Cavs were very good, and the Celtics were the Celtics. I'm not sure with a better coach they would have been good enough to beat one or two of those elite teams.

That said, I agree with your premise that the Hawks could have done better with a decent coach.

Yeah, the people who are like, "Oh, the Heat are vulnerable. They're so banged up!" are not smart. They're still the team to beat.

Back