• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread: TIMOTHY THEODORE DUNCAN #5

A similar weird layover saved Bosh's tummy a couple years ago in that Boston series

Does not matter. What Brooksie should have said is the following:

"James Harden is not walking through that door so we need to move on."

This is probably a good thing for OKC in the long run. No excuse for Brooks now. Gotta fire that donk.

This is probably a good thing for OKC in the long run. No excuse for Brooks now. Gotta fire that donk.

I honestly think it could tip the series assuming OKC wins Sunday. It should make the margin for error pretty small. Fortunately, Scott Brooks is not Rick Carlisle, but the Spurs will have to actually make plays now.

I mean, I'm all for healthy fear but ...

1) How healthy can Ibaka be, even if he plays?
2) Spurs just need one of the next two.
3) Spurs embarrassed the fuck out of the Thunder in Game 2. Not a doubt in my mind loony tune Westbrook is going to come out in the first half of Game 3. He'll have some great plays, scream at the crowd, and shoot 40% or less from the field. Most importantly, he won't be passing the ball to Durant. Things won't settle down for OKC until the third quarter, which gives SAS plenty of time to do their thing.

There's no guarantee he even plays in game 3. I guess that day-to-day listing is misleading, but that's what the official release said.

I mean, I'm all for healthy fear but ...

1) How healthy can Ibaka be, even if he plays?
2) Spurs just need one of the next two.
3) Spurs embarrassed the fuck out of the Thunder in Game 2. Not a doubt in my mind loony tune Westbrook is going to come out in the first half of Game 3. He'll have some great plays, scream at the crowd, and shoot 40% or less from the field. Most importantly, he won't be passing the ball to Durant. Things won't settle down for OKC until the third quarter, which gives SAS plenty of time to do their thing.

There's no guarantee he even plays in game 3. I guess that day-to-day listing is misleading, but that's what the official release said.

I won't allow you to talk me out of my nervousness.

I honestly think it could tip the series assuming OKC wins Sunday. It should make the margin for error pretty small. Fortunately, Scott Brooks is not Rick Carlisle, but the Spurs will have to actually make plays now.

Dude. They have been making plays. I could easily argue this news makes the Spurs laser focused as no way Ibaka is 100% tomorrow and the Spurs will want to win game 3 to all but ensure they get through.

I mean, I don't doubt that Ibaka takes the floor in G3 or G4, but there's a rather wide chasm of difference between being healthy enough to call yourself "day to day" and being able to chase Tony Parker around off a screen-and-roll or flying out to cover corner 3 shooters.

My recollection of 2012 is that the Spurs simply could not stop Harden, Durant, and Westbrook and Ibaka playing very well and hitting his jumper was the dagger in one game. I just can't find a narrative that seems realistic where the most successful NBA threesome this side of Magic Johnson loses 3 of 4 games to a team led by two 25 year old superstars a pedestrian coach and a gimpy defensive force. Just can't find it.

Now, I could see the Spurs getting trounced by the Heat even though Miami is playing well below their standard from the last two years, but OKC? Not happening IMO.

BTW, when did Brooksie get so Keanu Reeves on his in game interviews? Talk about your monotone. And I'm not even buying his glasses have prescription lenses in them. I think he shops with Durant and Westbrook for frames that make them look reflective and smart but they don't actually need them to see things.

The Thunder are on their last life. They have to do something to turn the momentum around, and heading home to a disgruntled (i live in oklahoma so trust me when I say everyone is jumping ship) fanbase, the only hope is Ibaka. Upgrading his status will help ensure the fans show up and are energetic, and even if he is less than 100%, I can see them putting him into the game when they need a momentum boost. But Ibaka will not be a significant force in game 3.

Listening to the dan lebetard show with simmons on it, I like lebetard, he has some good bits. "the army of windbags" at the end of the 2nd 1/3rd is great. Plus there's a LeBron song that's great.

The Thunder are on their last life. They have to do something to turn the momentum around, and heading home to a disgruntled (i live in oklahoma so trust me when I say everyone is jumping ship) fanbase, the only hope is Ibaka. Upgrading his status will help ensure the fans show up and are energetic, and even if he is less than 100%, I can see them putting him into the game when they need a momentum boost. But Ibaka will not be a significant force in game 3.

Has this Grantland piece on scout's perspectives on Wiggins, Randle, Embiid, and Parker been posted?
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/r...l-scouts-on-wiggins-randle-embiid-and-parker/

Agree with everything they said about Randle except for the "doughy" bit, he must have gained a freshman 25 to have gone from this \v/ to "doughy"
Randle-playground.png

Back