• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread: TIMOTHY THEODORE DUNCAN #5

Kawhi joins Duncan and Hakeem as the only players to have had 20 pts, 14 reb, 3 stl, 3 blk in a finals game.

Food for thought: spurs will have the cap space to sign lebron kawhi and lamarcus aldridge after next year

For 17 years players had a chance to come to SA and play with Tim and win Championships. Zero have come. No big FA's are coming just because the Spurs have cap space.

For 17 years players had a chance to come to SA and play with Tim and win Championships. Zero have come. No big FA's are coming just because the Spurs have cap space.

This. 83 gets props for believing the Spurs could get it done without drawing big time free agents.

It's funny to compare the Spurs weird collection of international draft picks and castoffs to the Heat's collection of lottery picks wasting away on the bench.

Hope Kawhi wins Finals MVP on Father's Day for his late father.

This. 83 gets props for believing the Spurs could get it done without drawing big time free agents.

It's funny to compare the Spurs weird collection of international draft picks and castoffs to the Heat's collection of lottery picks wasting away on the bench.

When was the last time the Spurs had cap space? You'll absolutely get a Lemarcus Aldridge type, at worst.

When was the last time the Spurs had cap space? You'll absolutely get a Lemarcus Aldridge type, at worst.

It's really only been in Tim's twilight years were the Spurs began pushing the salary limits. To the Spurs credit they have worked hard to keep the window open for Tim.

Off the top of my head the the biggest push the Spurs made was for Jason Kidd. If I spend some time thinking about it, there is probably a list of centers that the Spurs tried to get to play with Tim after David Robinson retired, none came (and the Spurs didn't need a great center just a good one).

Just watched the Bron/Wade presser. It strikes me as odd that after both blow out losses LeBron left the podium laughing.

It's really only been in Tim's twilight years were the Spurs began pushing the salary limits. To the Spurs credit they have worked hard to keep the window open for Tim.

Off the top of my head the the biggest push the Spurs made was for Jason Kidd. If I spend some time thinking about it, there is probably a list of centers that the Spurs tried to get to play with Tim after David Robinson retired, none came (and the Spurs didn't need a great center just a good one).

There aren't many good centers or good small forwards in the entire league. Thats why its hard to fill out the spurs when they have HOF's at PG/SG and PF.

For SF its currently Lebron/Durant/Melo, new guys like Paul George and Kawhi, and after that its guys who used to make $15 mil like Deng, Rudy Gay and Shawn Marion. The Spurs could never afford any of those guys, and there's no good low level SF's in the league.

For C who are you looking for, Marcin Gortat type good? He still makes 10+ mil per year. Brendan Haywood got like 10 mil a year, what are you getting for 5 mil at center?

Just watched the Bron/Wade presser. It strikes me as odd that after both blow out losses LeBron left the podium laughing.

The Heat were 54-28 this season. So was Portland. Portland had a significantly tougher schedule by being in the West. The Heat may well have been the 10 seed in the West this year (Phoenix was 6 games worse and finished 9th, but with that same harder schedule).

I doubt the Heat really thought they were going to win this series. When your opponent can't miss, you personally score 20 points in a quarter and your team ends up losing the quarter by 5.... what more can you do but laugh?

Clippers/Thunder Thunder/Spurs was your championship.

Donald Sterling decided the first one, Chris Paul taking out Serge Ibaka's calf in retribution for punching Blake Griffin in the nuts a second time decided the second one.

someone needs to photoshop kawhi in here

Neo_stops_bullets_2.JPG

If I am not mistaken Texas is just like Florida in that it has no individual state income tax. Think of the amount of dough you could save being a free agent and coming to San Antonio along with the chance for a ring every year. If I am Lebron, I have to at least consider the Spurs even if they are small market. He'd have a way better chance to increase the ring total there than anywhere else provided Buford & Pops would even entertain the idea.

Is it a guarantee Kawhi stays a Spur?

I don't usually get caught up in legacy talk but playing for three teams in your prime hurts your legacy imo.

If LeBron ends up in San Antonio (which will never, ever happen, for the record), he will get absolutely murdered for it.

He got murdered for going to Miami. He doesn't care. He wants championships.

He got murdered for going to Miami. He doesn't care. He wants championships.

Um, he absolutely does care. He's on record as saying "The Decision" was a big mistake and would have done things differently in retrospect.

BUT WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR POP?!?

Back