• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Releasing a statement on twitter to call out your former coaches is definitely a great way to endear yourself to future employers. That remarkable agent is doing a top notch job advising him.

This guy got signed as an undrafted free agent.

Most NFL prospects first donned shoulder pads and a helmet while playing for a local youth league team or for their high school.
Erik Swoope's first football practice will be at a slightly higher level.
Swoope, a power forward on the University of Miami's basketball team the past four years, signed with the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent Saturday night and is considered a candidate to make the team's practice squad as a developmental prospect at tight end. The 6-foot-5 California native has never played so much as a snap of organized football at any level before.

Most NFL prospects first donned shoulder pads and a helmet while playing for a local youth league team or for their high school.
Swoope, a power forward on the University of Miami's basketball team the past four years, signed with the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent Saturday night and is considered a candidate to make the team's practice squad as a developmental prospect at tight end. The 6-foot-5 California native has never played so much as a snap of organized football at any level before.

I still think Bill Moto could play TE when he's done with basketball.

Swoope is a stud athlete. Probably a good signing.

I've lost any and all respect for Josh Harris now. I really don't believe that Coach Grobe and staff said anything about Josh Harris that made him go undrafted and unsigned as a FA. Honestly, if any NFL team out there felt he had the talent and ability, they would drafted or signed him regardless of what any college coach says anyway. I'm not putting it all on Josh, because he did not play behind a good O-line, but still Josh was not productive on a consistent basis at all despite having all the physical abilities. Josh, you didn't get drafted or signed as a FA because and only because you didn't do enough in college to warrant it. Shut your mouth, go to a mini camp and put up or shut up and just go away.

Whoever he is camping with may have second thoughts after reading those tweets.

I'm pretty sure whoever he is camping with will have all the second thoughts they need when he falls over during the two-hand-touch portion of the drills.

Alabama has had its fair share of underwhelming defensive performers in the NFL.

I do think CJ Mosley is going to turn out well. He's a much different person than McClain.

Last year, Nico Johnson was drafted by the Chiefs and promptly broke his ankle, IIRC. The jury is still out. Dee Milliner is a solid player, and Mark Barron is very good.

Dont'a Hightower is 24. Not ready to call him a bust, and the Patriots seem to like him. Dre Kirkpatrick is meh. We'll see what happens with him.

Marcell Dareus was doing great for the Bills until he decided to be an idiot.

I mean plenty of character issue guys that have talent are drafted and more importantly signed as Undrafted free agents. Hell the browns signed Isaiah Cromwell as an UDFA and he was playing at Alabama state after getting dismissed from UGA for felony weapon charges.

Alabama has had its fair share of underwhelming defensive performers in the NFL.

I do think CJ Mosley is going to turn out well. He's a much different person than McClain.

Last year, Nico Johnson was drafted by the Chiefs and promptly broke his ankle, IIRC. The jury is still out. Dee Milliner is a solid player, and Mark Barron is very good.

Dont'a Hightower is 24. Not ready to call him a bust, and the Patriots seem to like him. Dre Kirkpatrick is meh. We'll see what happens with him.

Marcell Dareus was doing great for the Bills until he decided to be an idiot.

System players.

Bama teaches the Saban System. Its takes the players to the highest caliber in college football but clearly it doesn't prepare them for the NFL.

Not sure why this doesn't get through to recruits, maybe it will over time.

If you want to have great success in the NFL, Bama is not the place.

I mean plenty of character issue guys that have talent are drafted and more importantly signed as Undrafted free agents. Hell the browns signed Isaiah Cromwell as an UDFA and he was playing at Alabama state after getting dismissed from UGA for felony weapon charges.

Yeah, I have to think we could go through the list of draftees/UDFA who had character issues far worse than J-Roc's. Bottom line is that he just isn't that good at football.

Seantrell Henderson got DRAFTED. 2011: suspension. 2012: suspension and legal troubles. 2013: suspension. 2014: admitted marijuana use, quit his pro day, then failed a drug test AT THE NFL COMBINE.

Drafted.

Seantrell Henderson got DRAFTED. 2011: suspension. 2012: suspension and legal troubles. 2013: suspension. 2014: admitted marijuana use, quit his pro day, then failed a drug test AT THE NFL COMBINE.

Drafted.

But what did his coaches say about him?

System players.

Bama teaches the Saban System. Its takes the players to the highest caliber in college football but clearly it doesn't prepare them for the NFL.

Not sure why this doesn't get through to recruits, maybe it will over time.

If you want to have great success in the NFL, Bama is not the place.

Lulz

Are we sure that's not just his offseason workouts/ training camp # ala Reggie Bush and #5 with the Saints? Thought WRs could only wear 10-19 or 80-89, unless there's a new rule in place.

It's like the guy who wears #74 in spring training. When he makes the team he'll get a proper number. Stedman Baily has been suspended by the Rams, which means Chris Givens should keep his job.

Not sure where else to put this but HOLY SHIT

Cleveland Browns cornerback Joe Haden has agreed to a five-year contract extension worth $68 million, a league source confirmed to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

A total of $45 million guaranteed ($23 million fully).

Back