• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

Yeah, I don't know where the trend started but it ridiculous.

that would be exhibit 1 in "why ____ shouldn't be coaching"

coaches should have harsher penalties re: control of composure if they are to set the example for dozens of young men

And the tv crew always plays it off, "oh he's so intense and into the game, coaching so hard." No, he's a pathetic POS that can't keep himself off the field and makes it more about himself than the players.

Yeah, I don't know where the trend started but it ridiculous.

I guess in some way a tribute to the NFL team is a tribute to a devastated community. that's definitely some "america's team" type logic

FSU just got a player flagged for targeting, he will miss the first half next week as well.

FSU just got a player flagged for targeting, he will miss the first half next week as well.

I have no idea if that was the right call under the targeting rulers written, but if it was, then the rule is absolutely terrible.

Tennessee is only up 17-13 on UMass in the 4th, between Jones and Sumlin, there are some awful coaches at good football schools. The fat guy at Arkansas too.

Last edited:
Jaylen Samuels is really good. Maybe Anquan Boldin potential. He doesn't seem to get recognition outside of the specific game he's playing though

I have no idea if that was the right call under the targeting rulers written, but if it was, then the rule is absolutely terrible.

Agreed. It looked like an incidental hand to the face. Maybe a penalty but not an ejection.

Agree about Samuels as well.

I can't ever remember watching a state game and thinking "the refs are on our side" but I'm here for it

Tons of empty seats at Tennessee too. They've got too much going for them to have been a non factor for so long.

Yes, they have gone a bit overboard on some of these. While last night in UVA-Bosie St game a solid helmet to helmet was ignored. But the Fl St guy seemed intent to smack the NCSU guy in the facemask, could have easily letup. But, we'l take he is out for a half against us. Not ejection worthy tho'.

Last edited:
and the boo birds are out. Legoooooo minutemen. Tenn must still be beat up after losing to the gators last week.

It's quite possible FSU and State are both good teams.

It's possible we are good too and have a good shot at both at home.

Back