• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

Yeah. Got some real talented players though.

I wonder the success rate of freezing kickers. Seems like it just lets them settle into a routine.

No idea. I don't like the practice myself. It would be worth analyzing.

I think freezing is worth it if you do it early enough that there's no practice kick, but if he gets a practice kick, that offsets or outweighs any benefit of making him think about it longer. Coaches try to get too cute and wait until the last possible second, so they still get the snap off and he gets a practice kick.

I hope we win out and then another school swoops in on him

Honestly, it would take a stupid AD to hiring him over Frost, Morris, Norvell, etc. I follow the Aggies a bit, and it’s a forgone conclusion that they are going to hire Morris which pisses them off to no end. Their alternatives are always crazy (Fuente being the most realistic...), but in the end they will list Doeren and UMD’s chief idiot (I may have had a few drinks so can’t recall his name and don’t care to Google) as the backups, over Morris.

I hate SEC fans.

Division 3 St Thomas beat St.Olaf 97-0 today. St. Olaf ran 61 plays and gained 71 yards. St. Thomas is ranked number 4 in the country in D3. Your bit of mindless trivia for today.

Division 3 St Thomas beat St.Olaf 97-0 today. St. Olaf ran 61 plays and gained 71 yards. St. Thomas is ranked number 4 in the country in D3. Your bit of mindless trivia for today.

source.gif

We certainly exposed the ND defense. I enjoyed us putting up #'s in South Bend but ND is pretty over rated. Clearly we've developed a potent offense but that was a red flag game for ND's playoff hopes.

Back