• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

I’m guessing the Hawks don’t want Garland, but they could probably guarantee Hunter or Culver and a pick for him. Think they’d be fine staying at 8 and 10.

I agree with you, but doesn't fit with jaybone's scenario since they can almost certainly have Hunter or Culver if they end up with #4 and keep it.

I agree with you, but doesn't fit with jaybone's scenario since they can almost certainly have Hunter or Culver if they end up with #4 and keep it.

I started posting before I saw jaybone’s. I could see the Hawks making a last ditch play for RJ and seeing if they can get the 4 and get an extra pick for Garland.

If they really want Culver or Hunter, I’m sure they could move up and get them.

There's a possibility that Kawhi could sign a two year deal in Toronto and then get over $250M by him having been in the NBA for a decade. You get more for that.

It's a shame the Sixers had to include Miami's pick in the Tobias Harris trade. If they still had that, they might be able package it with a couple of their own #1s and Simmons for Ja and Conley. The Griz want to dump Conley's salary for the next two years. Hell, throw in a couple of second round picks for the Griz rebuild.

I was wrong. Kawhi would only be in line to get $247.5M in two years (it could be more if the cap goes up).

so in your scenario it goes:

NO: Zion
Hawks: RJ?
Knicks: ???
Memphis: Ja

Yes. But I would think the Knicks would draft Ja and find someone who want Steve Francis, I mean Dennis Smith Jr.. Big stupid risk for Memphis if they are considering it. Or, they also love one of the 3s available too and are having 2nd thoughts about trading away their remaining cornerstone whom Memphis adores, Mike Conley ...

Yes. But I would think the Knicks would draft Ja and find someone who want Steve Francis, I mean Dennis Smith Jr.. Big stupid risk for Memphis if they are considering it. Or, they also love one of the 3s available too and are having 2nd thoughts about trading away their remaining cornerstone whom Memphis adores, Mike Conley ...

The only way Memphis trades Ja is if they get an established star and a team willing to take Conley.

PGs who can distribute, defend both guard spots, and don't require shots are the new 3-and-D wings

If Harrison Barnes gets anything like a 4/$80M, the GM that signs him should be fired immediately. If he doesn't have an offer, he's nuts to give up $25M for next year.

The only way Memphis trades Ja is if they get an established star and a team willing to take Conley.

This makes no sense. I think this is a mistype. You give Ja + Conley??? No. You keep Conley or trade him and draft Ja. Those are the two options.

Both are to blame. If you are Houston, obviously you put your chips behind Harden, but he will NEVER win a championship as the best player on his team. I got CP3's back on this one. Move the fucking ball, moran! Yes, you will win 50 games. Yes, it is cute you have worked a hop skipity into your step back 3 that though technically not a travel, often is. But honestly I'd rather watch reruns of the Happy Days than watch the Rockets. PJ Tucker is watchable. CP3 with Harden on the bench is watchable. Harden is unwatchable. I can't wait for him to age out of the league.

i love cp3 but he's gotta be a pain in the ass teammate

Yeah. Seems like he has the attitude of an alpha with multiple rings without the experience.

Not sure who would try to acquire him at that salary. PG is a strong position and he’s still better than plenty of them. But he needs to be the #3 player to be a contender.

Yeah. Seems like he has the attitude of an alpha with multiple rings without the experience.

Not sure who would try to acquire him at that salary. PG is a strong position and he’s still better than plenty of them. But he needs to be the #3 player to be a contender.

Boston man. Historically, veteran point guards get you to championship series.

He wouldn’t be the #3 option.

From the way all the news stories were it sounds like Boston faked Horford to opt out saying he'd get a longer deal and now they aren't close so he's walking

That would sound like Danny Ainge's asshole tendencies. It would be GREAT to lose Kyrie, Horford and Rozier,

#2 to who? Tatum? The Celtics with Kyrie and Horford and out of the market for the elite FAs is a big question mark.

Back