• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

the guy who wrote that article has a bright future at foxnews.

I could see CP3 to Minnesota for Teague, Dieng, and Covington.

If healthy, Covington's contract is excellent. Teague's is expiring and Deing has a second year at $17M+ . Unless there's a third (or fourth) team, it doesn't make sense for OKC's tanking.

A 3-team trade with Miami and Cle works:

CLE gets: Winslow & Kelly Oklynk
MIA gets: CP3 & Jordan Clarkson
OKC gets: Dragic, Waiters, & John Henson

It’s got to be rough knowing your boy is making $40M+ a year until he’s 37. His biggest problem will be casting a new State Farm agent. Maybe Cliff is bringing his talents to South Beach too.

Lol.

Seriously, CP3 has always been about getting paid first. He's been very successful at that, hard to lose sleep over his lack of championships when he's made his fortune.

Exactly. This contract was his main goal as head of the players’ union. He got it and these are the consequences.

Exactly. This contract was his main goal as head of the players’ union. He got it and these are the consequences.

He fought really hard to actually change the rule that disabled people his age from getting a 5th year. He actually left $50 mil on the table not demanding a 5 year max.

Congrats to Chris Paul on making a lot of money by never winning.

if it weren't for the WFU angle, I'd think Chris Paul was an overpaid, overrated, whiny, clubhouse cancer who never won a championship at any level. But then I remember he went to WFU so I guess I like him.

if it weren't for the WFU angle, I'd think Chris Paul was an overpaid, overrated, whiny, clubhouse cancer who never won a championship at any level. But then I remember he went to WFU so I guess I like him.

absolutely

CP hasn’t won championships but he has had a tremendous correlation with his teams winning. if he ends up sticking with okc, i bet they will be way better than expected even given his current state

CP hasn’t won championships but he has had a tremendous correlation with his teams winning. if he ends up sticking with okc, i bet they will be way better than expected even given his current state

This is the flimsiest argument I’ve ever seen in support of a “great” player.

lol

He’s a great player. No doubt. Greatest of his specific era. His contemporaries are guys like Felton, Deron Williams, Rondo, Rose, Lowry, and Conley.

Back