• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

At some point the teams can't be so quick to cave. If a player has three years left on a contract pouts and asks for a trade, tell him sorry, but you're going to play for us. The teams willing to give players what they want will only empower more players to try the same thing

At some point the teams can't be so quick to cave. If a player has three years left on a contract pouts and asks for a trade, tell him sorry, but you're going to play for us. The teams willing to give players what they want will only empower more players to try the same thing

I guess but if another team is willing to give up a player or two and several picks, it makes sense to take it.

It’s a fucking business. If they demand a trade then so be it. Nba teams are owned by so-called titans of industry. They know how to deal with unsatisfied employees and attrition and shit. The players are the product and they have autonomy to use the market how they see fit. It’s 2019. Enough of the paternalistic bullshit when every sector deals with similar concerns with half of the drama...

Seriously. Back in the 90s, owners and their peers wanted the players to be less like “thugs” and more business like. Now the players themselves ARE a business so the league has swung in their favor.

It’s a fucking business. If they demand a trade then so be it. Nba teams are owned by so-called titans of industry. They know how to deal with unsatisfied employees and attrition and shit. The players are the product and they have autonomy to use the market how they see fit. It’s 2019. Enough of the paternalistic bullshit when every sector deals with similar concerns with half of the drama...

I support players getting every penny they can. I support free agency and playing with your friends if it's possible. I totally oppose the NFL's contracts that give players no real power. However, if you sign a guaranteed contract for X years, you should live up to it. If you think you might want to leave at some point, you should sign a shorter contract.

I support players getting every penny they can. I support free agency and playing with your friends if it's possible. I totally oppose the NFL's contracts that give players no real power. However, if you sign a guaranteed contract for X years, you should live up to it. If you think you might want to leave at some point, you should sign a shorter contract.

Agree 100%.

Trey Burke to the Sixers. I like him more than Neto.

I wouldn't mind the Sixers signing Faried to a MLE contract. He's much better than O'Quinn or Bolden.

Trey Burke to the Sixers. I like him more than Neto.

I wouldn't mind the Sixers signing Faried to a MLE contract. He's much better than O'Quinn or Bolden.

Liked what he did with the Mavs last year

Scott's contract is under 1/2 of the MLE and below the tax-payer MLE.

I could be mistaken but I thought because they used the room MLE on Scott they can’t use a different kind of exception now they’re over the cap?

If they didn't use it on Scott, they can use either the tax-payer MLE (about $5.7M) or the one you can use every other year at about $3M.

I'm kinda shocked no one has signed Faried for a one or two year contract.

Clippers are about to sign Patrick Patterson. Another really solid addition by the greatest GM ever, Jerry West.

seems like half his career he's been injured, the rest of the time he's not really contributing much just glancing at his numbers

Good to see the Raptors still get a prime spot without Kawhi. Pelicans-Knicks would have made sense as a noon game, but they choose to include the Nugs and Raptors.

Clippers are about to sign Patrick Patterson. Another really solid addition by the greatest GM ever, Jerry West.

And another one-time Wake target. Can't blame Manning for that swing-and a-miss as it was before his time.

Back