• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

They need to turn Fultz into a long term option to exist with Simmons.

They need to turn Fultz into a long term option to exist with Simmons.
Yeah, both prefer to have the ball in their hands. Neither can be off-ball shooters. Neither can shoot worth a damn. Not sure how it shakes out.

Fultz shot well at U Wash. Something happened since the cross country trip.

Official 2017 NBA Thread: my god it's full of all-stars

The Sixers seemed so confident about Simmons as a PG. Then they traded up for Fultz in a deep draft to essentially culminate The Process.

Fultz was listed as "SG" on the Washington roster. Although he did have the ball in his hands a lot. He was supposed to be the combo scorer ball handler.

I think the Sixers grossly overpaid to get Fultz. It might have been 50/50 that they would have gotten him without the trade. Ainge wanted Tatum at #1 or #3. Even if Ainge would have picked Fultz, it would have left Tatum for the Sixers or the ability to trade down for multiple picks or make a package to get Butler for a similar package (or maybe adding Covington and something else).

I think the Sixers grossly overpaid to get Fultz. It might have been 50/50 that they would have gotten him without the trade. Ainge wanted Tatum at #1 or #3. Even if Ainge would have picked Fultz, it would have left Tatum for the Sixers or the ability to trade down for multiple picks or make a package to get Butler for a similar package (or maybe adding Covington and something else).

Think they did too. All of Hinkie-acquired assets were burning a hole in Colangelo's pocket. They had to be spent, even if they weren't spent wisely.

Last Summer was the perfect time to bundle a bunch of those "assets" and use them to get Jimmy Butler. It's one thing to hope that the "assets" will become stars, but quite another to get a star in his prime.

He had 8 assists and 1 TO for the game. I may not be a stat geek, but it's pretty hard to have 2 TOs in your first five minutes but only one for the entire game.

I doubt there is a coach in the NBA who wouldn't want a back-up rookie to have an 8/1 ATO ratio.

he's got work to do, but this was a very good start.

Sorry miss-typed the 1...did you watch the game...if you did there is no way you cannot chalk most of that to a nugs team that was headed toward dumpster fire mess mode

JJ balled out tonight. Locked down LeBron, hustled, scored efficiency. Just solid all around.

Sorry miss-typed the 1...did you watch the game...if you did there is no way you cannot chalk most of that to a nugs team that was headed toward dumpster fire mess mode

It was like a preseason game for him. The most important thing for him was looking at his shot and his being comfortable. Each of those happened.

It's impossible to know what will happen next, but overall last night was positive.

The biggest question becomes how can he integrated into a really hot and growing team?

K. Love hurt again. Got an elbow in the mouth and is now in concussion protocol.
Who will be there to play with Lebron in the playoffs?

It'll be interesting to see if LeBron folds up shop early. Don't think he wants another L on his Finals record.

It'll be interesting to see if LeBron folds up shop early. Don't think he wants another L on his Finals record.

A few wins by other team, a few losses by the Lebrons and the Cavs could fall to the fifth playoff spot.

I am not bullish on Fultz. He airballed a 14 foot shot and nearly bricked a layup. Looked like he couldn't wait for it to get out of his hands. Looked like a layup you see a 6th grader shoot. If you can get Kemba Walker for Fultz plus your 1st round pick over the summer, you make that trade. In fact, if I were the 76ers GM, I would shelve Fultz today as he will likely not play this well again this year.

I am not saying Fultz will be in China in 5 years, but he may be Efrid Payton or the Aussie kid in Utah who never really got going due to injuries.

A G League player dropped stone cold dead on the court over the weekend. It looked like he was dead before he hit the court. Scary stuff.

I agree

I never got the Fultz hype even before his jumpshot was hot garbage

is anybody ready to declare LeBron the GOAT right now?

I'm close

Not quite there. I am still somewhat critical of Lebron's attention to detail. When he was in Miami and was actually playing for a good coach, he would not perform the sets as detailed, most notably in the game 6 vs. the Spurs that they ended up winning anyway. Two turnovers in a row, and then he took the 3 point shot at one of the worst spots on the court for him %-wise. The play was for him to take it at the key but he shot it a couple feet off that spot and bricked it. That, to me, is a microcosm of Lebron's limitations. But rest assured, if he plays for Pop next year, that will get fixed. For whatever reason, he didn't listen to Spo as closely as he should've. Dude's a super solid on the cusp of elite coach.

Back