• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Anything can happen tonight.

playoff-3-20-2018.jpg-2.jpg

Obviously the top half of this is no longer relevant as Utah won last night.

I did not realize that if Denver wins tonight there is no way they are the #8 seed. Interesting. They could even climb up to 5th seed. Crazy.

If the T'Wolves miss the playoffs again, that would be crushing blow for a franchise that many have predicted great things for after Tibbs was named coach in 2016.

Also, how about the Jazz last three against Golden State:

129-99 W
110-91 W
119-79 W

Average MOV: 30 ppg... Whoa.

Last edited:
No love for the g league champs? Go spurs go...

No surprise but kawhi officially out tonight. Likely the play offs at this point as well. Long strange trip out the door. Enjoy LA.

might be #old but I think Simmons shouldn't be eligible for this. its rookie of the year, not newcomer of the year. Sadly if you are injured or sit out the season for tanking, you wont win ROTY. thems the breaks. That being said, he is eligible and he should win.

Also, I am biased but I think the Celts will win round 1 and maybe round 2 if its Philly. While losing Kyrie sucks. They still have Tatum, Horford, Brown and HOF Stevens. If Smart comes back and Terry is shooting the ball well, no reason to think they cant advance.

Last edited:
Agree that Simmons shouldn't be eligible.

Simmons was hurt. This is his rookie year.

Oh nice, so Philly doesn't need to exercise the team option until after next year? He didn't partake in team activities, strengthening, conditioning, coaching the last year? In that case I totally agree with you.

Blake won ROY after sitting out with an injury. Did anyone bitch about that?

Simmons should be unanimous ROY (though it probably won’t be unanimous)

What a shock that Celtics fans are whining about a Sixer winning an award! If you haven't played a game in the league, you are a rookie.

Back