• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Agreed.

The problem was that it was so damn long and didn’t really come to any kind of conclusion.

But I had thought the situation was an irreparable disaster before reading that... So while it made me feel more confused, that’s somehow an improvement.

I think that's because the whole situation is confusing. I think there are two big things going on. Kawhi doesn't feel 100% and he wants to be 100% going into a huge contract year. His new management doesn't know how to work with the Spurs and the Spurs don't know how to work with them.

Yeah, I think something is broken with Kawhi. Most great athletes can deal with injuries or whatever he’s going through but it’s weird to have him and Fultz doing similar things in the same year. At least Fultz suited up for the playoffs though.

I think there's a lack of trust between Kawhi and the Spurs if he thinks they cleared him well before he was actually ready.

Brown is an "defensive wizard?" Above league average, sure - but what are you basing that on?

I thought Brown's defensive prowess was fairly well documented. He's not a 2 time DPOY, fine, but dude is one of the best defenders at his position in the league.

I googled "jaylen brown defense" and found a bunch of anecdotes:

Some good play breakdowns with gifs in this article from November, but here's the gist:

All that said, Boston has not suffered any of the ill effects anyone expected. Brown is picking assignments Bradley would have drawn and he is excelling. Diving into the available information, it seems the construction of this Celtics team is a success defensively, especially with Jaylen Brown on the floor.

No matter how you slice this pie, the result is almost always going to be the same. Jaylen Brown has turned in such a sterling defensive performance this season that no one is lamenting the loss of Bradley beyond purely sentimental reasons. Brown has matched or exceeded Bradley’s defensive impact by almost every measure.

That article also included this tweet:

LeBron playing too well for the annual Irish LBJ roast. Maybe it'll come next round.

Playoff cp2 dribbling the ball off his foot in the crunch. Where Childress at?

Remember that time Donk Rivers cut Joe Ingles from the Clips?

Damn. That's hilarious looking back to the Paul vs. Felton arguments from back in the day.

When is the last time an NBA playoff game started at 6:00 on a weekday? This EC doubleheader is weird.

Why would he take that awful job? He had other options. James Dolan is the worst owner in the NBA.

Lebron is destroying a whole country right now.

Cp3 and harden are too busy goading kid defenders into silly fouls that they forgot to play w flow

Back