• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

The entire Process is built around screwing up in the draft. The reason Hinkie needed all those picks was an admission that he was going to botch 80% of them. It is a built-in excuse and the primary reason the Process was the perfect long con.

And yet still a billion times more relevant and talented than the Bobcats

I feel like LeBron is the goat but I also feel like Jordan would have crushed him if they played each other in their respective primes

Why?

Lebron is 3-4"taller, weighs 40-55 pounds more, is just as quick and shoots just as well. As great a defender as Jordan was, Lebron is better as he can cover bigger guys.

When did Jordan ever take a team like Lebron's first finals team to the finals?

When did Jordan ever take a team like this year's Cavs to the conference finals or maybe the NBA Finals?

Let's get crazy and drive the analytics guys crazy. The purpose of "the Process" is acquire and utilize "assets". Sixers,here we go:

Sign Lebron at a minor discount (if the Sixers pull the rest off he'll do it)

Trade for Kawhi- Here's where you might go crazy - Simmons, Bayless (expiring contract), next year's #1. First of all, Lebron and Simmons shouldn't play together as each needs the ball. Yes, Simmons is five years younger, but he may never be as good Kawhi and it gives the Spurs both a cornerstone player and a little money to spend.

Trade #10, a #1 from a couple years from now, a few #2s and TJ McConnell to move up to #6/7 and take Wendell Carter, Jr.

Or if you want to completely crazy, #10, Fultz, another #1 and some #2s to move up to #2 to get Doncic.

If the Simmons and first draft trades go through, the Sixers squad will look like:

Lebron
Kawhi
Embiid
Saric
Covington
Fultz
Carter
#20 draft choice probably a shooting PG)
McConnell
TLC
Anderson

This squad would be favored until Lebron retires. Lebron will do anything he can to leave on a streak of 4 rings or 3 out of 4 rings. This would give him 6 or 7 rings. Add to this, he'd only need to average slightly more than 20 ppg to pass Kareem.

Last edited:
31945131_10210771961485636_2526264029379297280_n.jpg

Wonder how Colangelo's feeling watching Tatum go 11-17, while the guy you gave up an extra lottery pick for is putting up 0s on the bench game after game after game.

Simmons and Fultz are both mental cases.

Simmons is not a mental case.

The Fultz was stupid from Day One.

LBJ is a mentor to Simmons, thinks he is the next top player in the NBA, calls him the Prince (to him being King), etc. If he did want to go to Philly I would think it would largely be because of Simmons - even if the fit isn't good on the surface.

I think Fultz will be fine btw. If would actively be trying to trade for him this summer if I was the GM of a bad/rebuilding team.

Simmons is not a mental case.

The Fultz was stupid from Day One.

Yeah, Simmons just has a gigantic weakness that happens to be the most important skill on the court. He’ll be fine but he has to learn how to shoot respectably from mid range and beyond if he’s going to be great.

LBJ is a mentor to Simmons, thinks he is the next top player in the NBA, calls him the Prince (to him being King), etc. If he did want to go to Philly I would think it would largely be because of Simmons - even if the fit isn't good on the surface.

I think Fultz will be fine btw. If would actively be trying to trade for him this summer if I was the GM of a bad/rebuilding team.

What good is Simmons on offense if he doesn't have the ball?

I think if LBJ gets a title this year then he's got a legit case for GOAT. Beating HOU/GSW this year with multiple buzzer beaters before getting to the finals on impossible shots will do it

Last edited:
The guy who has been posting bullshit arguments for the past few years about any LeBron-led team being unbeatable is now shitposting stale memes about how he's inferior to Jordan.

what a time to be alive, folks

He publicly quit/melted down against your Celtics the year before going to Miami. Lebron has to do alot extra to make up for that stink in my personal record book.
I mean, I hate the guy, but he's pretty clearly the best basketball player in the history of the game.

The guy who has been posting bullshit arguments for the past few years about any LeBron-led team being unbeatable is now shitposting stale memes about how he's inferior to Jordan.

what a time to be alive, folks

Don't repeat things you don't remember. I give you shit sometimes, but I do think you're better than that. There's no excuse for getting that so wrong. We have a search engine.

I said Lebron was unbeatable in the East, not unbeatable in general. West >>> East. My whole argument is that Lebron has been coasting through a weak East his whole career. Contrast that to Jordan who had to fight his way to the Finals against great EC teams.

Maybe the East looks shitty because LeBron destroys the other teams regularly.

Back