• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Perhaps more than most stars, Michael Jordan really benefited from playing before social media.

Anybody with social media now also has internets that can be used to look up chokejobs.

Anybody with social media now also has internets that can be used to look up chokejobs.

Why would anybody look up 80s/90s chokejobs when the golden age of the league is playing out before their eyes?

Why would anybody look up 80s/90s chokejobs when the golden age of the league is playing out before their eyes?

Because they want to elevate Lebron to GOAT status over Jordan. Isn't that what we're doing now? FckVwls just did it.

Jordan played poorly in a Game 7 and still had 28/9/8.

Jordan shot 43% in that series while being guarded by Jeff Hornacek. LeBron has shot worse twice but has also shot 57% against the greatest defender, nay, basketball player of all time in Kawhi Leonard; and 56% against Durant.

Because they want to elevate Lebron to GOAT status over Jordan. Isn't that what we're doing now? FckVwls just did it.

I mean, LBJ is the GOAT. If he hasn't adequately proven it yet, then he will have made an even better case by the time that he retires.

Jordan shot 43% in that series while being guarded by Jeff Hornacek. LeBron has shot worse twice but has also shot 57% against the greatest defender, nay, basketball player of all time in Kawhi Leonard; and 56% against Durant.

Hornacek never played for the Pacers.

I mean, LBJ is the GOAT. If he hasn't adequately proven it yet, then he will have made an even better case by the time that he retires.

He's a career 74% FT shooter and 34% 3PT shooter. He plays in an era where its impossible to stop someone from driving to the rim which benefits a handful of folks. Other than being big and fast, he doesn't posses much skill.

Ok. Byron Russell would be mad you didn’t recognize the one thing he’s most know for.

Do the people that prefer Jordan at least have LBJ as a clear #2? Or no?

The only real knock for Lebron is the 2011 finals. MJ never punted a series that badly. But other than that Lebron has been so pure in the playoffs that it makes up for it IMO.

In 2014 the Spurs were a super solid team, came into the series as favorites and then Wade and Bosh no-showed. So I have no problem there. And then the rest of Lebron's finals losses were pretty unavoidable so no points against him from me.

Jordan literally punted entire seasons.

I'm curious as to the age breakdown on the Lebron v. Jordan argument. Was anyone who thinks is better born before 1985? Cause I don't think there is anyone who watched Jordan in his prime (and wasn't a little kid) who would pick Lebron.

I'm curious as to the age breakdown on the Lebron v. Jordan argument. Was anyone who thinks is better born before 1985? Cause I don't think there is anyone who watched Jordan in his prime (and wasn't a little kid) who would pick Lebron.
says the guy born in 1929, probably

Born in ‘84. Bron is better.

87. I’m a Carolina fan. LeBron is better.

Jordan adoration grows out of nostalgia and the way we watch the NBA being so different today from the 90s.

Back