• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

It’s impressive he dragged this squad to the finals. Lots of matchup and overall talent problems with either Western Conference team but knowing lebron, he could make it go to 7.

Lebron is the GOAT for beating a team of Tier 2 and 3 players (at best) in 7?

Y'all NBA fanboys are some real fluffers.

It’s impressive he dragged this squad to the finals. Lots of matchup and overall talent problems with either Western Conference team but knowing lebron, he could make it go to 7.

Agree. JVG was sayin Bron leading this team to the finals would be more impressive than him winning the finals 2 years ago. This Cavs team is laughably bad.

Agree. JVG was sayin Bron leading this team to the finals would be more impressive than him winning the finals 2 years ago. This Cavs team is laughably bad.

Sure. But this Celtics team played way over their heads.

Just sad. The Celtics forced way too many threes down the stretch. I'm getting tired of teams just chucking threes against teams with no real rim protector. At least the Warriors have an excuse and they're among the all-time greats at hitting threes. The Celtics especially don't have an excuse.

Boston attempted more 3s than Golden State this season. Golden State was middle of the road in 3s attempted.

Celtics just missed a ton of shots last night. You can argue that they should have made some adjustments, but they weren’t playing any different than when they’ve been dominant at home the rest of the playoffs.

Boston attempted more 3s than Golden State this season. Golden State was middle of the road in 3s attempted.

Celtics just missed a ton of shots last night. You can argue that they should have made some adjustments, but they weren’t playing any different than when they’ve been dominant at home the rest of the playoffs.

And they were second in the league in 3P%

And of course the commentary team didn't say a word about that. They just talked out the pro and cons of Lebrons being a mega douche and staring him down afterwards.

A solid reminder that the NBA is for 13 year olds, not adults with brains. No wonders its excelling in the Age of Trump.

My BIL is a huge hoops fan, especially of MJ and the Bulls and now, of course, that the Celts are good again, of Boston (his brother lives in NH). He's always the first one to needle me with a stupid ass comment about soccer flopping while refusing to acknowledge that the NBA is just as bad. He also has an irrational hate of LeBron. The texts last night were keepers.

The Celtics took 39 threes last night. They averaged 30 in the regular season with Kyrie playing most of the season.

You can’t deny they took plenty of quick shots and bad shots.

My BIL is a huge hoops fan, especially of MJ and the Bulls and now, of course, that the Celts are good again, of Boston (his brother lives in NH). He's always the first one to needle me with a stupid ass comment about soccer flopping while refusing to acknowledge that the NBA is just as bad. He also has an irrational hate of LeBron. The texts last night were keepers.

Soccer invented flopping. Dean Smith brought flopping to basketball. Before Dean Smith, being knocked down showed weakness. Then, he taught George Karl to play D with his ass not his feet. The rest lives in sports infamy,

Back