• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

This Fultz trade going to go down as the worst trade of all time

Ha, Fultz is also working out with Drew Hanlen. He's probably on the other end of the court struggling to hit 2 in a row.

West must have something up his sleeve. He took on $1m more in salary at his best player's position. Is a trade for DJ in the works?

This trade has all the makings of a precursor deal to get rid of Deandre Jordan.

palma doesn't know much about the history of the NBA. Unless Tatum tops Bird, KD and Lebron and Fultz is a bust, it will be a terrible trade, but not close to the worst trade in NBA history. Here are a few that are massively worse:

Wilt to the Lakers for Jerry Chambers, Archie Clark and Darrell Imhoff

The Celtics owner giving the owner of the Rochester Royals appearances of the Ice Capades to draft Sihugo Green rather than Bill Russell (since then the Royal have moved three times and have never won anything

The big O for Flynn Robinson and another scrub

Pierce and KG to the Nets for a buttload of 1st Round picks

The rights to draft Scottie Pippen for Olden Polynice

Even Kareem to the Lakers for Elmore Smith, Dave Meyers and Junior Bridgeman (he was an all star) was much worse

Kobe for Vlade

Wilt to Sixers for Lee Schaffer, Connie Dierking and cash

These are just off the top of my head.

This Paul George ESPN series is comedy hour. Dude thinks he's LBJ, KD, and Kawhi. So damn overrated.

So what do you non-donks think is going to happen with Kawhi? Looks like he's definitely going to get traded and he definitely wants to go to the Lakers, but the Spurs aren't going to trade with the Lakers.

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: let's talk about lemmings

Boston, they have the assets. Has Lebron opted out yet? Isn’t that due tonight?

Ingram, kuzma and ball are all meh. Although I’m all in on lavar Ball , kawhi and Lebron on the same team

Last edited:
Celtics aren't gonna give up Brown, though.

Celtics aren't gonna give up Brown, though.

No way is there a deal without at least one of Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, and Brown, plus change and a few picks.

I'm getting ready to enjoy Lonzo disappointing Kawhi and Lebron and Lavar trolling them.

I'd feel so bad if Hayward gets traded. Would it look bad for Boston to due so? Also, I'm not sure if I trade for Kawhi if I'm anybody other than the Lakers. It is clear that is where he is going to sign next offseason, right?

Yeah, don't see Ainge moving any of those guys without assurance from Kawhi that he's gonna re-sign in a year (which he obviously isn't gonna give). Kings pick, Grizzlies pick, and second-rate guys like Rozier are all he's gonna be willing to part with. Maybe Hayward, but man, that'd be some really bad optics. Don't think Kawhi ends up on the Celtics.

Hey Spurs donks, if Kawhi was really a top ten player the Celtics would be willing to trade Jaylen Brown for him in half a second.

There are two reasons why they are hesitant. There's a small chance Kawhi is still hurt. The major reason is it's very likely to be a one year rental.

There are two reasons why they are hesitant. There's a small chance Kawhi is still hurt. The major reason is it's very likely to be a one year rental.

If any team not named the Lakers thought they could get Kawhi to sign a long term deal, they would be much more willing to give the Spurs high value players.

Hey Spurs donks, if Kawhi was really a top ten player the Celtics would be willing to trade Jaylen Brown for him in half a second.
Not sure what the hell this post is. Kawhi was a clear top 5 player prior to the injury. It has pretty much everything to do with Kawhi being under contract for only 1 more year vs. 6 more years of control for Jaylen.

The injury has to play a bigger role for Boston than it would other teams. They already have Kyrie who can never be counted on for anything close to a full season, plus Gordo coming off a gruesome injury. Chewing up the bulk of the cap on 3 guys wearing suits on the bench (when they even bother to show up) doesn't seem like a sound strategy.

The Celtics would have to trade either Kyrie or Hayward in any trade for Kawhi.

So what do you non-donks think is going to happen with Kawhi? Looks like he's definitely going to get traded and he definitely wants to go to the Lakers, but the Spurs aren't going to trade with the Lakers.

If you're San Antonio, why wouldn't you get Ingram, Kuzma and something else for him now rather than get nothing next summer? If you trade him elsewhere, his value goes way down because he's just a 1 year rental. While you know Pop would rather have Tatum or Brown, no way Ainge is going to part with either unless he's getting Kawhi on a long term deal, which it sounds like he's not.

The Sixers and Celtics are probably offering more than Ingram and Kuzma.

Back