• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Bill Simmons‏Verified account
@BillSimmons

Good litmus test for LeBron going to Lakers in a year - if LA throws KCP a lifeboat 1 year 20-22m deal so Klutch can save face with KCP.

Why don't the Cavs (or Knicks I guess) just hire Rich Paul or Maverick Carter as their GM? Give Lebron's boys true run of the team to get him to stay. Didn't somebody hire Dugan Fife straight to GM from an agent role? Everyone knows Lebron is making all the personnel decisions anyway.

agents become GMs all the time. the Warriors GM is an ex-agent. the Lakers hired Rob Pelinka as basically Magic's co-GM. one of LeBron's boys (probably rich paul, maverick is more on general business side for lebron) will be the GM when LeBron owns a team. right now it's probably not worth the pay cut.

Last edited:
The Lakers have a summer league backcourt on the floor of Vander Blue and Lonzo Ball. First time there is a Blue Ball in NBA history?

Summer League garbage time. The Chinese League MVP is getting some run for the Mavs and he's clearly a fan favorite. He just got "MVP" chants at the free throw line.

i mean they were cheering everytime he got the ball and booing when he gave it up

Damn. CP must have liked him. The Rockets clearly passed the Spurs this offseason.

is there a better story than caleb swanigan? i mean the dude weighed 350 lbs in middle school.

Damn. CP must have liked him. The Rockets clearly passed the Spurs this offseason.
And Melo will will widen the gap. MELO had his best years playing the 4 which he will do for the rockets.

The NBA schedule makers have a tough job. There are some really exciting young players on some shit teams.

Plus, you've got to get the T-Wolves some run. The old guard has to get their games. And you can't completely forget about the Clippers.

Back