• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

wow kemba, this years 1st and 2nd in 2025 to OKC for Horford, Moses Brown and a 2nd

Giving up the #16 pick to get a slightly worse contract that ends the same time as Kemba’s.

Moses Brown is a promising young big though. This trade does make the Celtics better.

How dumb are the Hornets now ? Kemba's obviously past his prime, constantly injured, and overpaid.

Giving up the #16 pick to get a slightly worse contract that ends the same time as Kemba’s.

Moses Brown is a promising young big though. This trade does make the Celtics better.

i think 40mm guaranteed over 2 years is significantly better than 63mm over 2. i also think the #16 for Brown is not terrible

Kupchak looking like a genius.

That said, we'll sign Kemba in a heartbeat when he eventually gets bought out. After the shitshow in Boston, he'll jump at the chance to be the most beloved 10th man in NBA history when he and Steph both return home for their 2023 title run with LaMelo and the best M Bridges.

OKC Picks over the next 7 drafts (some of the picks are protected and roll over to other picks in later years):

1 Own -
1 Golden State Warriors* Kelly Oubre Jr. trade
1 Miami Heat and/or Houston Rockets** Multiple
1 Boston Celtics Kemba Walker trade
2 Own^ Trade for Vincent Poirier
2 Denver Nuggets^^ Kelly Oubre Jr. trade

1 LA Clippers* Paul George trade
1 Phoenix Suns** Chris Paul trade
2 Own -

1 Own -
1 LA Clippers* Paul George trade
1 Denver Nuggets** Steven Adams trade
1 Miami Heat^ Paul George trade
2 Dallas Mavericks/Miami Heat^^ Multiple
2 Washington Wizards" Steven Adams trade

1 Own -
1 Houston Rockets* Russell Westbrook trade
1 LA Clippers** Paul George trade
2 Own -
2 Charlotte Hornets^ Steven Adams trade
2 Minnesota Timberwolves Ricky Rubio trade

1 Own -
1 Houston Rockets/LA Clippers* Russell Westbrook trade
1 Philadelphia 76ers** Danny Green trade
2 Own -
2 Boston Celtics Kemba Walker trade
2 Atlanta Hawks^ Danilo Gallinari trade
2 Philadelphia 76ers George Hill trade

1 Own -
1 Houston Rockets* Russell Westbrook trade
1 LA Clippers** Paul George trade
2 Own -
2 Dallas Mavericks Trevor Ariza acquisition
2 Philadelphia 76ers George Hill trade

1 Own -
2 Own -
2 Houston Rockets* Hamidou Diallo trade
2 Indiana Pacers Jalen Lecque trade
2 Miami Heat Trevor Ariza trade

While it seems awesome to accumulate all of those picks. Rosters are capped at 15. So, OKC is going to do some dealing, which is natural for Presti.

FWIW, Moses Brown had the game of his life against Boston last year. 23 rebounds and 21 points in 32 minutes, teams often trade for players after the trade target played out his ass against your team. Brown is 7-2 and can rebound; if Boston thinks they need a serviceable big; they may not be able to get one with that picks. The Celtics save a fair amount of cap money by swapping Walker for Horford. At the end of the day, the trade is a nothing burger. Both Horford and Walker are past their primes.

Last edited:
Kupchak looking like a genius.

That said, we'll sign Kemba in a heartbeat when he eventually gets bought out. After the shitshow in Boston, he'll jump at the chance to be the most beloved 10th man in NBA history when he and Steph both return home for their 2023 title run with LaMelo and the best M Bridges.

That doesn't sound too crazy now. The Kemba part at least.

i think 40mm guaranteed over 2 years is significantly better than 63mm over 2. i also think the #16 for Brown is not terrible

Horford is $54M over 2 years.

I do think it's a good trade for both sides. The Celtics get better. OKC can bring Kemba off the bench behind SGA and Dort. If the Thunder want to try to win next year, they have pieces to acquire good players and their young players could improve. The Thunder have the projected #4, #16, and #18. They could use #16 and #18 to move up a few spots (although I don't know if any of the #11-14 teams would take that deal, maybe the Spurs if they do a wholesale reset).

I guess we need to be on alert for more trades. I'm hoping the Spurs make a deal for a veteran with a bad contract, ideally Kevin Love, rather than try to play this free agent market.

So did NBA reopen trades early this year because of COVID? Or have teams always been allowed to trade during playoffs?

That doesn't sound too crazy now. The Kemba part at least.

Horford is $54M over 2 years.

I do think it's a good trade for both sides. The Celtics get better. OKC can bring Kemba off the bench behind SGA and Dort. If the Thunder want to try to win next year, they have pieces to acquire good players and their young players could improve. The Thunder have the projected #4, #16, and #18. They could use #16 and #18 to move up a few spots (although I don't know if any of the #11-14 teams would take that deal, maybe the Spurs if they do a wholesale reset).

I guess we need to be on alert for more trades. I'm hoping the Spurs make a deal for a veteran with a bad contract, ideally Kevin Love, rather than try to play this free agent market.

Horford's last year is partially guaranteed

Got it. The Celtics should be going into next season starting Smart, Brown, Tatum, Horford/Thompson, Williams/Brown. They still have Fournier. I think they finish anywhere between 5th and 8th depending on health.

The Mavs are in damage control. From Sportscenter:

"The Dallas Mavericks announced today that Dirk Nowitzki will serve as a special advisor to the franchise. Nowitzki will assist with the hiring of both a general manager and head coach and consult on other front office decisions."

Last edited:
Kemba for Al is just an exchange of big salaries on teams that didn't benefit from having the guy's on their rosters. It's a wash, imo.

I think the calculus involves whether Moses Brown is better than the big men that would be available at the 16th pick. I'm a Moses Brown believer, so I think the answer is a pretty definitive yes. He was "too productive" for OKC's tank, but dude basically averaged a double double in 20 mpg in his sophomore NBA season.

Who knows what he looks like on a better team, but there isn't a prospect in this draft who is going to give you 9.6 points and 10.4 rebounds as a starter available at #16. And he's 21. It just seems like a really, really underrated move by Boston.

Last edited:
Teams are allowed to make trades on the first day after their seasons conclude.

Draft lottery is next Tuesday.

Glad to have you in the NBA thread, Strick.

If OKC is going to stop the tank this offseason and build around the current roster and this draft, they're in good shape. They already have a good starting backcourt with SGA and Dort. Now they have Maledon and Kemba as backup guards (although I think they'll end up flipping Kemba for a 2021 or 2022 first). They've got some potential in the frontcourt between Poku, Roby, Svi, and Bazley. The #4 pick (or higher) should be ready to play as well. They're so young and have so many assets, I don't know why they'd need to continue the tank.

If OKC is going to stop the tank this offseason and build around the current roster and this draft, they're in good shape. They already have a good starting backcourt with SGA and Dort. Now they have Maledon and Kemba as backup guards (although I think they'll end up flipping Kemba for a 2021 or 2022 first). They've got some potential in the frontcourt between Poku, Roby, Svi, and Bazley. The #4 pick (or higher) should be ready to play as well. They're so young and have so many assets, I don't know why they'd need to continue the tank.

And they have the picks to be in the top-5 for the next few years if they want. Obviously the trajectories differ, but OKC is primed for another zombie Sonics draft run. Presti drafted Durant (#2) and acquired Jeff Green (#5 pick) in the Ray Allen trade in 2007, Westbrook (#4) and Ibaka (#24) in 2008, and Harden (#3) in 2009.

Has there been a more dominant 3 year run in draft history? I guess we'll see soon enough.

I don't know many teams that are willing to give up a #1 for Kemba Walker's contract. I think the Thunder have to keep him, stretch/buy him out, or attach some picks to get someone else to take him.

If Time Lord is healthy, he is still the starter, right? Or do they roll with Al Horford as the starter?

If Stevens was still the head coach, then it would be Horford without a doubt (dude started TT this year ffs), but perhaps the new coach won't be allergic to playing young players.

I don't know many teams that are willing to give up a #1 for Kemba Walker's contract. I think the Thunder have to keep him, stretch/buy him out, or attach some picks to get someone else to take him.

Agree. Kemba carries $36 million salary next year and $37 million in 2022-3. Doubt many, if any, teams have the cap room to take on that contract for a 1st round pick. Also, at this point, fair to ask how desirable Kemba is at all, even without the salary concern. This year, Kemba was ranked between Cameron Payne and Brandon Clarke in Value over Replacement Player rankings. He is also a below average defensive player (and getting worse).

Back