• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

frank the tank is trending/getting roasted on twitter for not having CP's back when beverly shoved him. very amusing.

“Most clutch player in NBA for last two decades” seems extreme…

I’m glad CP3 is getting a shot at a championship and very glad he represents the Deacs

“Most clutch player in NBA for last two decades” seems extreme…

I’m glad CP3 is getting a shot at a championship and very glad he represents the Deacs

He acts like such a bitch on the court he is tough to root for (off the court he is fine). I've pretty much pulled against him for the last few years. If he faces the Hawks I'd probably root for JC. Against the Bucks I might even have to run with The Lookout.

That was a pleasant surprise. Have to give Monty props - you just outcoached Ty Lue. Well done.

ESPN did some sort of contest/rankings a few years ago of greatest PG in history of the NBA, and CP3 was 6th IIRC.

I think it was:

1 Magic
2 Oscar Robertson
3 Cousy (he did have 6 titles)
4 Steph
5 Jason Kidd (??)
6 CP3
7 Stockton

I don't think Pistol Pete was on the list, as he was a shooting guard in that system of rankings...

frank the tank is trending/getting roasted on twitter for not having CP's back when beverly shoved him. very amusing.

If frank picks up Beverly and pile drives him , then he gets suspended and team chemistry goes up to a thousand percent and suns coast to a championship (without frank who never plays anyway)

That was a pleasant surprise. Have to give Monty props - you just outcoached Ty Lue. Well done.

ESPN did some sort of contest/rankings a few years ago of greatest PG in history of the NBA, and CP3 was 6th IIRC.

I think it was:

1 Magic
2 Oscar Robertson
4 Steph
5 Jason Kidd (??)
6 CP3
7 Stockton

I don't think Pistol Pete was on the list, as he was a shooting guard in that system of rankings...

this list is missing isiah thomas

4OhY8D.gif

incredible game for CP3 and for his legacy. what won’t get talked about is Payne getting more 1st half minutes and wearing down the D for CP3 to dominate the 2nd half.

I think it was:

1 Magic
2 Oscar Robertson
4 Steph
5 Jason Kidd (??)
6 CP3
7 Stockton

Does Steph Curry belong on that list?

Duncan is such a hallowed soul among WF fans that the Spurs have become an adopted fave team (even after Dunc retired) among Deacs. While not on the same level, seems like JC is universally adored here.

Odd to me that CP3 doesn't get anything close to the same love among WF fans. CP3 has underscored his WF connection more than any Deac NBA baller. Seems like he's been the most involved in staying connected to the program and assisting with recruiting. He's also a W-S native. CP3's love for WF is palpable and enduring.

Is the disparate treatment for CP3 among WF fans attributable to his leaving WF after his sophomore year (which in retrospect was clearly the right move; he was the NBA rookie of the year in 2005-6)? Is it something else? Don't get why CP3 lacks the same adoration among the WF fanbase.

Last edited:
He's number 1 in my book, but Duncan was before my time. My only guess is that his Wake team was eliminated in such horrifying fashion followed by his immediate (and absolutely correct) departure that Wake fans are still traumatized by the experience.

Yeah the nut punch followed by a complete and total flameout in the postseason definitely affected Paul’s overall love from wake fans and then his nba postseason flameouts (up to this season) really reinforced that. Duncan really spoiled wake fans for what we expected an nba star to do in my playoffs.

Duncan is such a hallowed soul among WF fans that the Spurs have become an adopted fave team (even after Dunc retired) among Deacs. While not on the same level, seems like JC is universally adored here.

Odd to me that CP3 doesn't get anything close to the same love among WF fans. CP3 has underscored his WF connection more than any Deac NBA baller. Seems like he's been the most involved in staying connected to the program and assisting with recruiting. He's also a W-S native. CP3's love for WF is palpable and enduring.

Is the disparate treatment for CP3 among WF fans attributable to his leaving WF after his sophomore year (which in retrospect was clearly the right move; he was the NBA rookie of the year in 2005-6)? Is it something else? Don't get why CP3 lacks the same adoration among the WF fanbase.

the personality difference between Timmy and Chris is pretty stark so maybe that

I think it was:

1 Magic
2 Oscar Robertson
4 Steph
5 Jason Kidd (??)
6 CP3
7 Stockton

I'd have Stockton higher and Kidd lower, but that's a reasonable list. And to respond to Milhouse, I'd have Thomas in the 8-10 range on that list. There were good reasons Stockton was on the the dream team and Thomas wasn't.

Back