• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

I think Daniel Thies is better than Zubac.

Bam Adebayo is clearly better than Zubac.

Montrezl Harrell, with shoes on, is shorter than Paul George and about the same height as Kawhi. Montrezl is a really good PF.

Jokic ABUSED Doc Rivers Center rotation of Zubac and Harrell. Shredded them. Jokic would have abused PJ Tucker, too, if they played the Rockets.

No center - Jokic will destroy you.

Clippers - fail.
Rockets small ball - fail.

Thoughts?

Cooperstein drives me crazy but he is right about this one

Denver had injuries too. Jokic came to bubble late. They didn’t have their third best player till Game 6 of last series

Last years Toronto team and this years Lakers didn’t need more than a year to gel.

Reality is the Clippers thought they could just show up and win given their talent. First two series showed otherwise

Cooperstein drives me crazy but he is right about this one

Denver had injuries too. Jokic came to bubble late. They didn’t have their third best player till Game 6 of last series

Last years Toronto team and this years Lakers didn’t need more than a year to gel.

Reality is the Clippers thought they could just show up and win given their talent. First two series showed otherwise

Will Barton is Denver's third-best player, and he still hasn't played in the postseason. LAC coughed up leads of 12, 16, 19, and 21 in four of their six postseason losses, and they did it against teams dealing with major injuries.

Will Barton is Denver's third-best player, and he still hasn't played in the postseason. LAC coughed up leads of 12, 16, 19, and 21 in four of their six postseason losses, and they did it against teams dealing with major injuries.

I forgot about Barton. Was thinking about Harris

Yeah. The Nugs got to the EC Finals with rookie future star Porter Jr and role players like Grant, Craig, and Morris playing big minutes. Harris is coming back into form over the last two games. Just realizing the Nuggets have a lot of last name is a first name guys.

I'm actually shocked that Leonard was as awful as he was. That guy is usually a killer.

I think it shows further that clutchness is a bit of a myth

sometimes good players have bad games and sometimes it happens in important games

It is time to say Doc Rivers is not that great of a coach? It seems like he has squandered title runs for multiple talented teams now.

Can't say I'm too disappointed though given how Kawhi treated the Spurs. I'd be fine if he never won a title in LA.

Doc inherited the first super team of the modern era and has ridden that a looong way in my opinion.

That's a fair opinion.

I can't think of a nastier block at the rim. That was amazing.

I'm not a fan of either team, but it's fun to watch the young guys for both teams grow.

Incredible block and made even more amazing by the incredible camera angles they had of it. I think there probably have been equally good blocks during previous decades but that camera angle and seeing it in slow mo was breathtaking - you could just see Tatum being overpowered. Speaking of Tatum, the announcers were absolutely slobbering him in the 4th quarter talking about how elite he is...and he proceeded to just throw up bad shot after bad shot after that. He's definitely still a tier below any of the truly top players in the league.

Incredible block and made even more amazing by the incredible camera angles they had of it. I think there probably have been equally good blocks during previous decades but that camera angle and seeing it in slow mo was breathtaking - you could just see Tatum being overpowered. Speaking of Tatum, the announcers were absolutely slobbering him in the 4th quarter talking about how elite he is...and he proceeded to just throw up bad shot after bad shot after that. He's definitely still a tier below any of the truly top players in the league.

Yeah. They're raving about his potential. I don't think anybody is reading to crown Tatum as a top 10 player. And elite players throw up bad shots all the time (see Rockets, Houston).

ESPN said Bam was the first player to block a potential game-tying or go-ahead dunk in the final minute of a playoff game since the advent of play-by-play in 1996-97. I can't remember anything like it from before 1997, definitely not that I've seen. And I imagined if it had happened back in the 70s or before, we would have seen highlights of it our whole lives.

Last edited:
I don't think Tatum made the wrong play to go hard and it's impossible to ever know, but I thought if he tries to lay it off the backboard instead of cocking it back for a big dunk that Bam can't get there without goal tending

I don't think Tatum made the wrong play to go hard and it's impossible to ever know, but I thought if he tries to lay it off the backboard instead of cocking it back for a big dunk that Bam can't get there without goal tending

Tatum made the right play. Bam just made an all-time great defensive play.

Really going to miss the NBA today.

Back