• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Yep. Like I said, Luka is a combination of Magic and Bird. It's insane.

And I'm less concerned with how well a 23 year old can play defense in the Conference Finals. He's going to step up his defensive intensity. Are teams going to hunt the 6-7/230 guy who's actually trying?

Yeah, the game is slow for Luka, he never needs to speed up, sees the court etc. He literally moves slowly looking for the right play like Bird, Lebron...

I think Bird and Magic are so unique, but get what you are saying.

Yeah, I obviously love Tatum, and 2-way wings are a premium in the playoffs. But Luka is just a generational offensive talent. Tatum had games of 6-18 and 4-19 shooting against the Bucks. Luka simply doesn't have playoff games like that. It'll be interesting to see how the Warriors try to defend Luka. I imagine Wiggins gets the majority of the assignment to start with Draymond and Klay sprinkled in. Anytime Steph or Poole get switched on to him, they're getting cooked.

The Kings and Hawks really looked at Luka and went, "Yeah, I prefer Marvin Bagley and Trae Young over him." Man.

The Kings and Hawks really looked at Luka and went, "Yeah, I prefer Marvin Bagley and Trae Young over him." Man.

I'll never understand that. Maybe the Kings thought they were avoiding the next Darko by taking Bagley. I don't know. But if Mark Cuban calls you up to offer his pick and a future pick for a European player, you just take that player.

Ironically, the Hawks also looked at Marvin Williams and thought they could use him more than they could use Chris Paul

Tatum had games of 6-18 and 4-19 shooting against the Bucks. Luka simply doesn't have playoff games like that.

Ehhhh. I have a hard time believing Luka would have the same sort of shot chart he got against Utah/Dallas if he had played the Bucks. And it's not like Tatum was getting anything remotely approaching the shot selection he wanted in those games.

The Bucks simply didn't allow Boston into the paint; why do you think that would've changed for Luka?

Yeah, I obviously love Tatum, and 2-way wings are a premium in the playoffs. But Luka is just a generational offensive talent. Tatum had games of 6-18 and 4-19 shooting against the Bucks. Luka simply doesn't have playoff games like that. It'll be interesting to see how the Warriors try to defend Luka. I imagine Wiggins gets the majority of the assignment to start with Draymond and Klay sprinkled in. Anytime Steph or Poole get switched on to him, they're getting cooked.

It is going to be an interesting series to me. Mavs will hunt Steph and Poole (and did in regular season). But dont know that Mavs can really slow all three of Steph, Poole, and Klay down. Mavs D this year has been great at running teams off 3 pt line, but GS is a different animal

Ehhhh. I have a hard time believing Luka would have the same sort of shot chart he got against Utah/Dallas if he had played the Bucks. And it's not like Tatum was getting anything remotely approaching the shot selection he wanted in those games.

The Bucks simply didn't allow Boston into the paint; why do you think that would've changed for Luka?

Uhhhh except he did against PG and Kawhi for 2 years. And now Bridges. Jazz generally suck, but Luka also hunted Gobert.

I've never thought much of Wiggins but he's looked pretty good when I paid attention to him this playoffs

Bucks and Mavs played in Milwaukee at the tail end of the season. Giannis played 40 minutes, Middleton and Holiday played 36. The Bucks wanted to win that game. Mavs won by 6, and Luca had 32, 8 and 15 assists. Mavs won 118-112.

The last two years, the Mavs played series deciding games against the Clippers. A healthy Kawaii covered Luca in those games. In game 7 in 2021, Luca scored 46, 7 rebounds and 14 assists. In the bubble against the Clips, Luca had 38, 9 and 9. Oh, Luca was 21-years-old for the bubble game, and 22 last year.

I've never thought much of Wiggins but he's looked pretty good when I paid attention to him this playoffs

I kind of thought he was gonna be their next Harrison Barnes and people were going to scream about him playing. But he has surprised me a bit in playoffs

What is the over under on total points for each of the Miami/Boston games

For game 1, it opened at 207, and its already down to 204. Under has been generally money in the playoff games so far.

Wiggins isn’t an All-Star and definitely not a starter but he’s a damn good 4th or 5th best player on a team.

because luka is a transcendent offensive player

i think out of the remaining teams i would want the heat to win. the "heat culture" thing is a little much, but not as insufferable as the celtics or warriors. i'd like to see butler get one.

Luka and Tatum is not even close to a discussion. Tatum is awesome. And Luka is still so much better. Hes unreal

Warriors are the favorites with 4 teams left, not sure why:

Golden State +130
Celtics +210
Heat +430
Mavs +650

fair, i guess, but jrue holiday and giannis antetekounmpo still exist

yes they do. as was stated earlier he also did it to kawhi and paul george.

this is why boston sports fans are insufferable. it's ok. tatum is fucking awesome. even people who hate the celts know this. luka is still better.

Back