• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Dubs win 4th Championship; NBA Draft on Thurs

I mean I still get Phs point though. This FA class is pretty weak.

Grant would probably be a top 10-15 FA in this class and they just let him go for a likely late round pick three years from now.

Also why would Ayton go to the Pistons?

Last edited:
and if Phoenix signs (and/or trades) then they can throw a bag at Mitchell Robinson and then use the remaining cap space to eat a contract for another 1st round pick

and if Phoenix signs (and/or trades) then they can throw a bag at Mitchell Robinson and then use the remaining cap space to eat a contract for another 1st round pick

Yeah. Phoenix will be fine with the right sign and trade but what do the Pistons have beside picks?

What am I missing to where Detroit can simply dump a $20 mil/year contract for a 1st round pick? Why is there no salary matching required?

The NBA TV mock draft special last night had the Bulls taking LaRavia at #18.

Also after this draft, will the first name Jalen (including spelling variations thereof) be more than double the next most common NBA player first name excluding Junior? And is mid-90s Jalen Rose responsible for all of them?

What am I missing to where Detroit can simply dump a $20 mil/year contract for a 1st round pick? Why is there no salary matching required?

The NBA TV mock draft special last night had the Bulls taking LaRavia at #18.

Also after this draft, will the first name Jalen (including spelling variations thereof) be more than double the next most common NBA player first name excluding Junior? And is mid-90s Jalen Rose responsible for all of them?

From ESPN article about the trade....

The Blazers have been pursuing Grant to pair with All-NBA guard Damian Lillard for over a year and now land him and absorb his $21 million salary using a trade exception, sources said.

looks like that trade exception was part of the CJ trade that otherwise looks pretty bad for the Zers

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Dubs win 4th Championship; NBA Draft on Thurs

Trading Dejounte for JC is definitely not a Ph fanfic.

I’d be open to trading Dejounte for a Jrue-like package though. It would almost certainly mean pushing the reset button and going with Primo at PG.

Going into last season, I’d think JC and Murray were about even. But given that PF isn’t important and Murray is an All-Star PG on a very team favorable contract, I would only do that deal for JC plus two firsts and a pick swap. JC’s value shouldn’t be much more than Christian Wood’s (4 dudes and a low first).

I love the running line through this thread of whether JC will end up on the Spurs or this is just a PhDream. From an entertainment perspective, I'm completely ok with either outcome. If JC doesn't end up on the Spurs, everyone can keep mocking Ph's belief that it was ever a real possibility, which is amusing. If JC does end up on the Spurs, Ph will never stop talking about how right he was and annoy the other posters on this thread, which is also amusing.

The only thing I'm waiting on is some sort of JC movement.

I don't get that post. The Spurs wanted JC last off-season. The Hawks re-signed him. Every NBA writer out there is reporting that the Hawks are shopping JC and expect him to be traded. There's been no real news about Spurs trades except that they were unlikely to draft with all four picks and some OG Anunoby rumors (which I'm all for) until last night when people started saying Dejounte was on the block.

I was meh about JC to the Spurs last season as a Spurs fan. I don't think he'd be a great fit for the Spurs as the roster is constructed. I've like him to stay and work it out with the Hawks, but I've accepted that he'll move elsewhere. I'm just not sure where would be a good fit. For example, one rumor is the Kings trading for him which would be awful.

PhDeac has moved on to finding a way to get Jake LaRavia to San Antonio.

I love the running line through this thread of whether JC will end up on the Spurs or this is just a PhDream. From an entertainment perspective, I'm completely ok with either outcome. If JC doesn't end up on the Spurs, everyone can keep mocking Ph's belief that it was ever a real possibility, which is amusing. If JC does end up on the Spurs, Ph will never stop talking about how right he was and annoy the other posters on this thread, which is also amusing.

The only thing I'm waiting on is some sort of JC movement.

???

my post and the fanfic reference was only about the mistake in the article that said JC would be returning to the Spurs -- he's only been on the Spurs in message board posts

and Ph is level-headed about JC, but the Spurs/Wake intersection is ripe for banter

Back