• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

I don't really get that deal at all for Denver.

the take as explained by Zach Lowe is that Denver likes the fit of KCP (39% from 3 last year) better than Barton and Ish as an acceptable step down

gets them under the tax too I think

was disappointed to learn that Tony Bradley had a player option and that he's opting in for next year

he's trash

the take as explained by Zach Lowe is that Denver likes the fit of KCP (39% from 3 last year) better than Barton and Ish as an acceptable step down

gets them under the tax too I think

I'm guessing it's the tax. Monte shot 39.5% from 3 on one less attempt per game as KCP.

Latest Dejounte Murray trade rumors:
--More Eastern Conference teams are involved in talks including the Heat
--The Spurs want 4 picks or 3 picks and 2 pick swaps
--The Spurs aren't interested in JC from the Hawks due to his contract but they'd take Okongwu instead of a pick
--The Spurs are planning to tank for Victor Wembanyama who should be the top pick next year

Looks like the Spurs are at a crossroads. If they get a great deal for Dejounte, they'll take it, tank, and do a full rebuild around Primo at PG. If they don't, they'll just keep trying to win in the murky middle.

I'm guessing it's the tax. Monte shot 39.5% from 3 on one less attempt per game as KCP.

right, but he's a primary ballhandler

KCP fits the true 3-and-D role and is a better team fit with Murray and MPJ coming back than Barton

I think Washington wins, but that Denver is sacrificing on the whole for better team fit

the knicks should be pretty good if everyone can stay healthy and randle returns to form

brunson / barrett / reddish / randle / robinson is solid with rose / toppin / quickley for depth

rumor mill is Portis is returning to the Bucks for a 4/40

Teams will have a little more cap room than previously expected; this also means that max deals will be slight higher:

the knicks should be pretty good if everyone can stay healthy and randle returns to form

brunson / barrett / reddish / randle / robinson is solid with rose / toppin / quickley for depth

i'm not a randle believer

ideally for the knicks would be for barrett to become a legit #1 option and let randle play off of him

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Ish traded to Nuggets (13th team)

right, but he's a primary ballhandler

KCP fits the true 3-and-D role and is a better team fit with Murray and MPJ coming back than Barton

I think Washington wins, but that Denver is sacrificing on the whole for better team fit

I think the Nuggets need a primary ballhandler off the bench and someone who can allow Murray to play off the ball. I think the Nugs are banking on Bones doing more this season. I can see the reasons for the trade for both sides.

Brunson/Barrett/Randle still needs a #1 maybe a #2 as well to be a contender.

Pretty good to be the 7 seed?

Scuttlebutt is that Randle played is arse off in 20-21 to get a big contract. He got it last off-season (4 years and $117 million), and now, he has back to bad habits and not playing up to his potential. Even with Brunson, there are a LOT of teams in the East that rank above the Knicks. They are teetering on the point of being mediocre for awhile which is a bad place in the NBA. Not bad enough to get difference making players, but not good enough to contend for even a Conference Championship.

Back