• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Wake has allocated $100MM to football facilities since Clawson got here.

Not sure why Clawson would step down to another developmental program.

Plus, if Winston is a foodie desert imagine what Blacksburg would be like.

Not the brightest bunch over there.

Yet another delusional Clawson thread from bat shit crazy VT fans.

https://247sports.com/college/virgi...to-80-beating-duke-to-death-174173384/?page=1

Who the hell do they think they could get, want a coach with an "it" factor? Did Dooley have the "it" factor when they hired him? Beamer had some terrible seasons when he was first hired. Fuente doesn't have any kind of "it" factor. Assuming Fuente is gone after this season, Tech will be way down the list on attractive openings for coaches with the "it" factor.

The lack of any intelligent points or deductive logic is astounding. Really not smart people up there in Blacksburg.

Remember that the last part of the official name is "State Universty." Also geography. What's around that school?

VT isn't even on 81, its off 460. I will say that 81 is easier to travel than 95, especially from Winston.

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Michigan -4.5 at MSU, O/U 50.5, 12:00 FOX !!!

I think Clawson is perfect *for Wake*. I really don’t agree with this boards consensus that Clawson would be able to do much better at a bigger school with higher winning/recruiting expectations. He looks to me like a coach that found the right job so he’s molded the program to his vision, he has complete buy in from the whole institution and he has his own T Boone Pickens in Mike McCreary to pay for excellent facilities.

I think Clawson is perfect *for Wake*. I really don’t agree with this boards consensus that Clawson would be able to do much better at a bigger school with higher winning/recruiting expectations. He looks to me like a coach that found the right job so he’s molded the program to his vision, he has complete buy in from the whole institution and he has his own T Boone Pickens in Mike McCreary to pay for excellent facilities.

*Bob McCreary

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Michigan -4.5 at MSU, O/U 50.5, 12:00 FOX !!!

I’m not sure that’s the “board consensus” or even a mildly popular opinion. The consensus is that if Clawson took us to the promised land and left, we’d line up to pack his bags and wish him well.

Most of what I’ve seen people post about how he’d do at an LSU or USC is that the fans and media would lack patience for a rebuild or not recruiting some 5* players who may not fit his system, although KWIII as an example may help somewhat.

Clawson’s been saying why can’t Wake be the #2 team in the ACC with Clemson. If the Clemson decline has started, Wake can be #1. So why leave?

Now, Wolford needs to perform well and get an NFL starting QB gig and post rookie salary. Followed by Sam doing likewise, Followed by...

Clawson way too good of a guy to leave for a conference rival. Only snakes do that. It’s the kind of move that ruins your reputation as a human being.

Clawson way too good of a guy to leave for a conference rival. Only snakes do that. It’s the kind of move that ruins your reputation as a human being.

We play VT once every 6 years. It’s not really the same as leaving for Louisville. But yeah, he’s not going to VT.

Every fanbase that looks at Clawson as a potential coach is going to do the same thing as that VT thread. They will go on Wikipedia, pull up his record at Wake and label him as a .500 coach. They’ll look at ACC recruiting classes and see us at the bottom every year. And the majority of fans will not understand what he’s actually accomplished. Fine by me.

We play VT once every 6 years. It’s not really the same as leaving for Louisville. But yeah, he’s not going to VT.

Every fanbase that looks at Clawson as a potential coach is going to do the same thing as that VT thread. They will go on Wikipedia, pull up his record at Wake and label him as a .500 coach. They’ll look at ACC recruiting classes and see us at the bottom every year. And the majority of fans will not understand what he’s actually accomplished. Fine by me.
What's crazy is how they post his record at BGU and Wake and literally only look at the cumulative percentage. There is zero brain power being used to look at the year over year trajectory and starting positions of each program.

Also, how does a "horrible recruiter" have 40% of the top Heisman candidates this year?

I don't take offense at the lack of respect for Clawson, I take offense at the stupidity on display.

Exactly. It would take an AD who isn’t necessarily looking to win the press conference to hire Clawson. I think there are fewer of them out there than many realize, particularly at schools higher up the proverbial food chain from Wake.

Exactly. It would take an AD who isn’t necessarily looking to win the press conference to hire Clawson. I think there are fewer of them out there than many realize, particularly at schools higher up the proverbial food chain from Wake.

Clawson definitely won the press conference at Wake. I don’t know why he wouldn’t win the press conference elsewhere. The whole selling point for Clawson was if you give him some time, he wins championships. If he brings that to another program, fans will like it. And again, he’ll be the guy who recruited the Heisman winner.

Back