• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

FSU vs. ND was an entertaining game. I was impressed with the FSU comeback, especially after Norvell choose to go for a first down from his own 33 in the third quarter. Three plays later the Noles are down 18 rather than 11. Dumb decision with 5:39 left in the third quarter.

Trssitore even went to the trouble to explain that the execution discussion was a reference to a John McKay quote. Kelly was just really clumsy with it.

I don’t think so. Only had five seconds left after the TE dropped the pass. If he would have caught the pass he would have been down at about the 33 for a 50 yard FG attempt. They ran five plays in 40 seconds without spiking the ball. FSU called timeout with eleven seconds left.

Last edited:
UConn head coach Randy Edsall to retire at the end of this season. Good riddance. No report on whether they’ll contract the UConn football program.

Official 2021 College Football Thread: It's September ! It's the South! It's Saturday

Nah. It’s definitely going to be a battle but Florida State, in spite of their talent, hasn’t found consistency. Maybe they will have by week three. But we have plenty of talent and consistency and I look forward to showcasing it on national TV.

ND is the most dramatically overrated team in CFB every single year. I’ll wait and see what happens with FSU.

Going to be interesting against FSU. First game the fans get to see 2021 playbook.

UConn head coach Randy Edsall to retire at the end of this season. Good riddance. No report on whether they’ll contract the UConn football program.

Apparently he’s stepping down immediately. Weren’t UConn kinda good in his first stint, hence Md hiring him?

Yeah. Went to the Fiesta Bowl. Expansion destroyed them.

Apparently he’s stepping down immediately. Weren’t UConn kinda good in his first stint, hence Md hiring him?

He had some very good teams there, one came to Winston and beat the daylights out of us.

My memory is that UConn wasn't that much better than us that season, it was just a total flop performance by Wake. I think Riley threw a bunch of picks. Wasn't that the game scheduled for the week of 9/11 and which got postponed to later in the year?

Edited to add I looked it up and the blowout loss to UConn happened in 2003. I think the 2001 game was the earlier of a two-game series with them. Also saw from an article dated May of this year that we re-upped with them for 2024 and 2028. Guess I missed that news on here back in the spring.

Last edited:
1/3 of the way into the Ole Miss/ Louisville game and there have been 157 ejections for targeting.

Back