• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Think it usually marks the kicker's career long.

Right. That’s why I’m saying it’s worthless. Choose the 90th percentile of kicks to take out a few of the longest kicks or don’t include the career long if the kicker has missed most in that range.

It’s not that big of a deal but football doesn’t have enough meaningful stats for casual fans.

Wow. Clemson offsides on 3rd and short. Stat needs to try to score a TD here. Setting up a long FG for a kicker who already missed two is a bad move.

LOL. Rooting for State but glad to see them get punished for this loser ass coaching. Now they’re going into OT with a kicker they can’t trust. So stupid. How do these idiots get paid so much? Be aggressive. Try to score a TD. Settle for the FG.

Probably but fuck state. Not sure it’s worth it to hear state fan’s bullshit if they win.

That kicker looked so nervous in every TV shot

Right. That’s why I’m saying it’s worthless. Choose the 90th percentile of kicks to take out a few of the longest kicks or don’t include the career long if the kicker has missed most in that range.

It’s not that big of a deal but football doesn’t have enough meaningful stats for casual fans.

Wow. Clemson offsides on 3rd and short. Stat needs to try to score a TD here. Setting up a long FG for a kicker who already missed two is a bad move.

But it potentially shows the outer end of what is possible for the kicker, so I think it is useful. It means there is a chance at that point, and likely not beyond. At the end of the BC game, Mizzou was driving at the end of regulation. They had a few seconds left, but we're five yards outside the field goal range line. They took the chance to run one more quick out and picked up four more yards. The kicker then made the kick and everyone was rightfully excited. The use of the marker made the sequence more dramatic.

I don't think anyone is expecting a kicker to hit everything inside that line. It just shows what has been done in the past, to set future expectations on play calling.

Oh I understand the purpose. But it’s not really statistically accurate for that purpose.

Do we really want State to win?

I'd rather State not have the "we beat Clemson" recruiting tool.

I think we are just as good as either team.

Clemson sucks, it’s an absolute embarrassment that they are ranked in the top 10.

Won’t matter when we beat both of them. Would kind of prefer a top 10 win against Clemson.

If Clemson loses twice, we can still win the division if we only lose to them.

Leary is 29/40. I’ve been watching since late 3rd quarter and I don’t think I’ve seen him throw more than 5 passes.

Holy shit, Auburn just got gifted that comeback against Georgia State.

Horrible catch call that wasn’t overturned and then they got super lucky on 4th and 9.

Oh well. Auburn sucks.

Back