• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

I mean Franklin makes a lot of good points there. I think maybe Iowa fans just aren't that smart (duh) and can't distinguish between a fake and real injury. I booed once in the Louisville game (got some dirty looks from WFU fans), and sure enough, the dude was back on the field 2 plays later.

didn't Duke fake injuries against us a year or two ago?

yea in the rain game in 2019. And not only that, they also tried to injure Newman by twisting his knee after the whistle. The little respect I had left for that senile fuck Cutcliffe diminished to nothing after they pulled those stunts.

You mean where the Duke player gets injured by looking at the sideline?

Look to the sideline. Fall down. Stop play. Trot off.

Only time I’ve booed an injury.

Anybody got any trend info on Ga Southern as a road dog of less than a touchdown ?

GA Southern has covered both their games since they fired HC Chad Lunsford. GA Southern starting QB Justin Tomlin missed the first two games of the years, since he returned they are 3-1 ATS. Since S. Alabama joined the Sun Belt, GA Southern is 7-0 SU against USA. GA Southern is playing consecutive road games on a short week, which isn't fair. The game opened at USA -4 51 and has moved to -3 49. Pass. If I'm bored and force a play, would take the over 49.

Navy (or any service academy) as a double digit dog is an auto play. Service academies in that spot hit at close to 70% rate (fwiw, Army is also a double digit dog at Wisky this week). Memphis starting kicker has been out, and they have been having all sorts of kicking issues.

I mean Franklin makes a lot of good points there. I think maybe Iowa fans just aren't that smart (duh) and can't distinguish between a fake and real injury. I booed once in the Louisville game (got some dirty looks from WFU fans), and sure enough, the dude was back on the field 2 plays later.

I watched enough of that game to know what Franklin says does not pass the eye test. If true, however, Iowa was slobber knocking the hell out of PSU.

I ironically, it seems like a lot of teams that we play have minor injuries when our offense is moving down the field.

I think that a simple solution would be that an injured player has to leave the game and can't return until the next series. It would stop teams from faking injuries to get a free timeout. Or at least make them think harder about doing it.

I agree with that for injured defensive players.

I watched enough of that game to know what Franklin says does not pass the eye test. If true, however, Iowa was slobber knocking the hell out of PSU.

Penn State definitely had players get injured and return in the game a couple plays later. I was at the game and saw it.

I ironically, it seems like a lot of teams that we play have minor injuries when our offense is moving down the field.

I think that a simple solution would be that an injured player has to leave the game and can't return until the next series. It would stop teams from faking injuries to get a free timeout. Or at least make them think harder about doing it.

Totally agree with this rule. Seems so simple. You could also make a caveat where if the injury is due to the result of a penalty (chop block/hands to the face/etc) the player can come back in sooner, similar to how an offensive player doesn't have to miss the next play if his helmet is ripped off due to a facemask.

Absolutely agree with this been saying it for years after watch team after team get hurt defensively against us only to come back the next play.

There were a few players that went down in our FSU game this year. It was blatant. But whatever. Who cares.

Faking injuries has become commonplace since more teams went to the hurry-up. Some dudes get cramps too, but usually it's just BS.

Faking injuries also slows down the overall game experience for fans. I like what we've come up with here. Defensive players who are injured can't come back into the game until a change of possession or timeout unless the injury was the result of an offensive penalty.

Franklin was being somewhat disingenuous when he said fake injuries weren't useful against a huddle team. A good fake injury can get the defense 3 or four minutes rest, much more than the 30- 35 seconds between snaps that speed of offense uses.

Prior to his extension before the season, Jimbo Fisher’s buyout was $45 million. It’s now $95 million. Unreal.

Faking injuries also slows down the overall game experience for fans. I like what we've come up with here. Defensive players who are injured can't come back into the game until a change of possession or timeout unless the injury was the result of an offensive penalty.

Baby steps; maybe until there is a new set of downs, i.e. new set of downs for the offense or ball goes over to the other team. With our depth (in normal years) for example, we'd be upset if Boogie went out for a play or two when the other team is inside their own 20, and he's ready to go after a breather but watching a 10-play drive from the sideline. Also limits the possibility of a defensive player who tweaks something staying on the field when he legit needs to step aside for a down or three (max).

Yeah, change of possession is too long, especially in an end of game situation. Players do get hurt and can't go for a minute or two but then are back to full strength pretty quickly. For instance if you get the wind knocked out of you and need two minutes to be okay, you should be able to go back into a game. Or if you rolled an ankle you might go down like you've been shot but be just fin in a couple of minutes. You might not want to play with a dislocated finger, but once it gets popped back in, you might be fine in a couple of minutes.

Back